Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2003, 04:32 AM

Default party poker does NOTHING to protect you

I have sent several inquiries to Party poker about a hand that I think I may have found myself in a situation where I was cheated. the hand number is 241379432. Feel free to request it and judge for yourself if it isn't a bit odd that jesseboyd called on the riger. It's possible that this was a legit hand, but when I sent an inquiry to a floorperson immediately after the incident, I was told it would be attended to, and a further inquiry two days later met with the response that I would receive an answer withing 24-48 hours.

It's now more than 90 hours later, and I've heard NOTHING. On another occasion, about 2 months ago, I sent them an email with a hand number and hand history where I asked them to inquire about whether a player KNEW what was being dealt, and it was because he made bets that were absurd unless he could have known what was coming. Now I know how this sounds. There are tons of people who whine about this, and I truly an very skeptical that anyone could crack Party's shuffling code. However, I sent the inquiry TWICE, and received NOTHING in response. NOTHING.

So my question to you, the internet public is: has anyone EVER received a response from an email to Party Poker? Better, has anyone EVER received a response to a collusion request? It's my concern that not only is Party unconcerned about colluders (cheaters) from a proactive perspective, but they are in fact completely incapable of answering even the simplest request. WRT to the hand in question, any monkey could review it in mere minutes and tell, from the starting hands held, if I was being jacked on the turn by two colluders. Is it possible that they really DO NOTHING to protect you from being cheated?

I put the question to all of you. Is this everyone's experience? Should I go back to Paradise or UB because I KNOW that Paradise protects me? What would you do? It seems to me that Party just does absolutely nothing, and while I'm telling them on a floorperson chat as I type this that this is crap and should be attended to, if they don't even bother to answer inquiries form clients (reactive), what can we honestly expect that they are doing from a proactive perspective?

The worst thing about all of this is that Party allows you to "HIDE" your hometown. Making it extraordinarily difficult to identify people who are close to each other geographically who might be inclined to take advantage of you. In this respect, they are in fact WORKING TO HELP THE CHEATERS. Is it just me? Am I the only person that has noticed this?

I hope to receive a response tomorrow, as I've been promised this evening. I'm not holding my breath. I don't recommend you hold yours either.

Anyone? imontilt raked hands 1715 all at $10/$20, all six handed
Old 11-19-2003, 04:47 AM

Default Re: party poker does NOTHING to protect you

I have also seen people betting and calling with absolute nothing and lose.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:49 AM

Hey tilt,

I'll request that history, and i'll take a look at it and tell you what you think, but i do have a little experience with Party help.

First, don't count on ANYTHING you ask for regarding help being dealt with at hyper speed. Remember, this is the site that has its server crash AT LEAST once every few weeks, it seems. Once, I couldn't get logged in and I tried to talk to some of their "24 hour live assistance"...who told me they couldn't help me and that i should call their toll-free number. I'm sure you know what THEY told me...

As far as collusion goes, I'm certain that no reputable site would in fact HELP cheaters, since they get their take from the hands no matter what. They have had their shuffle verified and everything, but i digress. No system is ABSOLUTELY foolproof. Therefore, it is possible that some collusion gets past these people, so you did the right thing by bringing your problem to them, but its also possible you've just run into a maniac who happened to catch. Hopefully you'll get your answer, but that's the best i can offer you.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:28 AM

I have had these thoughts before. I recommend a tinfoil hat. The aluminum in the tinfoil wards off future similar happenings.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:51 AM

Default This is how the phone call with Party Poker would go.

Yes, You will call them and this is how it will go.

"Hi thank you for calling party poker customer support, this is Anna Nicole how can I help you".. Ah yes I have a problem with collusion, I sent many emails and have not gotten a response. "Ok sir, what is your account name"..After spelling it out 4-5 times they get it right. "Ok sir is this in regards to your cashout for 225.00"? NO this is in regards to collusion I just told you that. "One moment while I look into this"..........

"Ah yes, hello maam, this is Adam Parsins" I am not a woman but anyway. "Yes sorry we see you sent us an email and we are looking into it. Our software has been upgraded so maybe this situation has been resolved.".. At this point you throw the phone through the window and proceed to curse at the air.

UGH..another day dealing with party poker support.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:59 AM

Default I have to disagree...to an extent

I have had two occassions to contact Party support regarding what I thought were suspicious actions on the part of other players. In both cases Party was as responsive as possible and explained what they had found in great detail. Also in both cases it did take a few days for the response to get back to me. In one case support found enough evidence to ban the two from the site and in the other did not.

I think it is absolutely NUTS to think that a site does not care that people are cheating. Of course they do. Their very existence depends on their reputation. Look how many times a site has been thought of as shady on this forum and what the result was.

One thing to remember. You are dealing with a site that has more than 20K people playing on it at one time every evening. If there are service requests in one form or another from only 2% of the people each day that is 400 such requests and I am guessing that the number is actually larger. You did what you needed to do. You let them know that there MAY be a problem. There is nothing else you can do except cash out. But I'm also guessing you don't want to swim away from that tank do you? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

btw, I also have no affiliation with any site other than I love looking at the pretty rocks on the bottom of the aquarium. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 08:23 AM

Default Re: I have to disagree...to an extent

So what is your problem??? Is it the hand or the fact that Party Poker is ignoring you.

If it's the hand - well - been there - done that - happens all the time - there are BAD players at all levels and I bet for every beat like this there are 10 you win and don't notice.