Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 05:20 PM

Default Update

Homer et al,

We're slowly making our way thru the list of outstanding RAFs, but it's taking a LOT longer than we ever anticipated.

FWIW, the delay is caused primarily by two factors:

1. A large number of players were granted the RAF retrospectively -- if you cast your mind back you'll remember how many players weren't aware that they had to give Cup's details as referrer when they signed up. Following much cajoling, begging and pleading all round [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], we nonetheless agreed to grant the RAFs in these cases. Problem is, the list is quite long and the process of manually checking all of them is quite slow.

2. The usual procedure would be for Cup to get the second $50 into his account automatically when the RH requirements are met, so even for those of you who did follow the process correctly at sign up, there is still an element of manual adjustment (ie deduct from Cup, then give to the referred player) which again slows things up when the number of accounts involved is quite large.

Bear with us ... we're working our way thru it and should have it sorted out in the next 24 hours or so.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Update

I got mine! Thanks.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bear with us ... we're working our way thru it and should have it sorted out in the next 24 hours or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I said that I was going to leave this alone, but I just can't. I really hope that you all can get this straightened out soon. I cleared my bonus 7-10 days ago, and have received only half of the bonus. I know that the referral wasn't made correctly (which is another problem in my eyes, there should be a referral screen at some point in the registration process) but how long can it take to manually credit an account? I'm sure it wouldn't take near this long for TGC to take money out if I purchased something from them.

The bad thing is that I like a lot of things about the site, but the customer service has been pretty poor. The thing that concerns me even more than that is that you all are making a special effort to accomodate the 2+2 crowd. What happens when Joe Schmoe off the street comes around and has problems with his bonus [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a lot of the things that have been done, but this just isn't cutting it...I do however, admire the fact that you will publicly address any and all issues, just so you know.

Also, I'd like to thank Cup for everything that he has done in regards to this. He's worked much harder than I probably would have to accomodate each of us. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 08:29 PM

1. A large number of players were granted the RAF retrospectively

I was one of the people that signed up for the OIC but wasn't aware of Inthacup's referrer ability. Later on I sent my info to Inthacup so he could forward to Gaming Club. But looks like they said I'm not getting either of the $50 RAFs because of missing the 12 hour window. Sorry if this sounds like a bad beat story...
Old 11-19-2003, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there should be a referral screen at some point in the registration process)

[/ QUOTE ]
There is -- if you search our previous posts you'll see a screenshot of it. We have nonetheless noted that the referral process isn't as well designed as it could be and needs improvement

[ QUOTE ]

The bad thing is that I like a lot of things about the site, but the customer service has been pretty poor.

[/ QUOTE ]
We can't hide from the fact that there have been issues, but we will argue that it's not entirely fair to make a judgment only on the posts you've seen ... what has gone unsaid needs to get some weighting in your judgment also.

What we mean by this is that happy customers are less likely to post than unhappy ones, i.e. the majority of players have received their bonuses within a reasonable timeframe (given the manual hack-work-arounds we've had to implement) and thus they don't complain publicly.

To support this argument we'll point out that of all the players who signed up for the OIC (and of which probably the majority took up Cup's referral offer, of which again the majority did so retrospectively), barely 10% have experienced any problems as far as we can see. Obviously that's higher than the 0% we'd like to see, but it's not an utter disaster either.

[ QUOTE ]

The thing that concerns me even more than that is that you all are making a special effort to accomodate the 2+2 crowd. What happens when Joe Schmoe off the street comes around and has problems with his bonus [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bear in mind that Joe off the street won't have had access to a retrospective manual RAF bonus, so in many respects the problem doesn't apply. Our standard automated bonus (i.e. the $15 free on sign-up) is all Joe will see, and we're not aware that any of the zoo'ers had to wait for that amount once they claimed it.

[ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a lot of the things that have been done, but this just isn't cutting it

[/ QUOTE ]
We're not making any excuses. When we offered to host the OIC we consciously decided to hack our way around a few things that we couldn't automate in time to get the OIC going, and we didn't anticipate the volume of people who would retrospectively claim the RAF (kinda naive we know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), hence the current delays. Again tho, for most players the experience hasn't been bad at all (unless there are tons of silent lurkers yet to speak up on this issue).

[ QUOTE ]

I do however, admire the fact that you will publicly address any and all issues, just so you know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks - much appreciated
Old 11-19-2003, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Gaming Club - Refer-a-friend bonuses HAVE NOW BEEN credited

Hi all

Everyone who qualifies has now been credited -- please check your accounts and confirm.

There are still some players who are eligible but who haven't qualified -- ie they're still short of the minimum $30 purchase and / or the minimum 150 raked hands. We've sent a full list to Cup, so if you don't have the funds please try him first. There shouldn't be any problems but if there are Cup will contact us and we'll follow up.

*phew* [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 11:54 AM

After publicly doubting that I would ever receive it, I have to announce that I did get the second half of the RAF bonus. Thank you TGC! I also have to say that after quitting the OIC and completely cashing out of TGC I decided to buy back in a few days later mainly because of the good overlays on some of your tourneys (now if I could just put behind me out how I lost all-in with JJ vs. TT in the last one). I will probably keep an account funded there but I hope you will take to heart some of the comments that have been noted here about your software problems. Party may be able to get away with crap software (for the time being anyway) but you guys trying to catch up can't, IMO.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:34 PM

I shall check when I get home... But this would be extremely cool. Thanks for everything and this promotion TGC.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:16 PM

Everyone who qualifies has now been credited -- please check your accounts and confirm.

Good job TGC. I have the complete list as mentioned earlier in this thread. To my knowledge, everyone who has cleared he 150 raked hands and received the $50 has now received the other $50. If you have NOT, please PM me and I'll take care of it. There are some other cases where people haven't cleared the 150 raked hands yet. I'm arranging it with TGC where those players will get the full $100 without the need to email TGC or to PM me. If anyone has any problems or questions, feel free to PM me and I'll take care of it. Thanks guys.

Cup
Old 11-19-2003, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

tiltAfter publicly doubting that I would ever receive it, I have to announce that I did get the second half of the RAF bonus. Thank you TGC!

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh ye doubting Thomas! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... pleasure nonetheless [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I hope you will take to heart some of the comments that have been noted here about your software problems. Party may be able to get away with crap software (for the time being anyway) but you guys trying to catch up can't, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting feedback was why we showed up here in the first place, so you can be 200% certain we're taking them all to heart.

As you might expect, making software changes isn't an overnight process, but we're nonetheless very happy to say that by far the majority of fixes / suggestions / etc that you guys have fed back to us is either already in testing or otherwise in development or at worst sitting quite high up on the priority list.

We firmly believe that your grandchildren won't believe you when you tell them how there was once a time when the GC software and service wasn't the absolute best on the market [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Cracker
Thanks for everything and this promotion TGC

[/ QUOTE ]
Our pleasure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]