Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 03:30 PM

Default loose game 10-20 hand #3

same game as #1 and #2.

after i just won a big pot with flopped set of 7s in 6 way capped pot btf, i was delt QQ.

EP weak tight raised. I said "raise!", then I muttered something like, "oops, it was already raised?". dealer made me put up $30, which i did happily. Vitaly (2+2er) capped behind me. He could have quite a wide range given his condition (slight tilt [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), but i was guessing any pair AA-77, any big suited connector, AK.

his cap was troublesome to me, because i really wanted to see if the original weak tight EP was going to cap. anyway, 6 or so saw flop. which brought 862 rainbow. WTEP bet, i called, and Vitaly didn't raise, so i figure he didn't have a over pair. 1 or 2 called.

turn was 9 rainbow. WTEP bet, i raised with intention to check behind on river unless improved. everyone folded and WTEP called.

river was another 9. and he bet! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] i didn't like it. i had a distinct feeling i was beat, but his action didnt make sense except for a flopped set of 888 or 666. what did he think i had??? i 3 bet btf, raised the turn...

i took 5-10 secs and decided to call in this big pot, despite of the fact that he was very weak tight and it's unlikely to be a bluff.

but what could he have? what do you think?

results to follow. please comment on each street.

Kenny
Old 11-18-2003, 06:00 PM

Default Re: loose game 10-20 hand #3

This seems exactly how WTEP would play AA or KK here. I would strongly suggest he out you on 888 or 666 here.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:17 PM

Default Re: loose game 10-20 hand #3

i had the feeling he might be on AA KK but i lost my chance to find out before the flop. and on the flop, i wanted to see if vitaly did have AA or KK. and he didn't. so on the turn, i raise knowing he wouldn't reraise unless he had straight (LOL). but his river bet was curious to me. as i didn't believe he had any good read on me and he is generally weak.

kenny