Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Alaskan cruise - NSFW

[ QUOTE ]
Also, to anyone whose been on any cruise I guess, what do you think are the top quality carriers or cruise lines that you have had good experiences with in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't go wrong with any of them, especially for people going on their first cruise. They'll be blown away by how good the customer service is, no matter which cruise line you go with. Everyone who works on that ship--EVERYONE, from the Captain to the housekeeping maids--will greet your parents with a smile, and say, "Good morning, sir/ma'am."

I got so drunk one night, I couldn't get out of bed to puke, and just hurled all over the carpet. When I saw the room stewart the next day, I apologized, but he smiled, assured me I wasn't the first, and made me feel like he was HAPPY to clean it up.

For those who don't know, DON'T BRING YOUR KIDS ON A CRUISE. There's just not enough for them to do. They won't get a kick out of ping-pong or trivia contests in the daytime, and you can't take them out drinking at night.

Speaking of drinking, tell your folks they'll run up a bar tab in the hundreds of $$$, over the course of the week. Not much else to do on a boat at night that doesn't include cocktails.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:50 AM

As a 18 year old at the time, I was a bit bored to be honest. The cities were pretty lame, as the populations were no larger than your neighborhood (ok, maybe not, but they are small). The stores and such consisted of jewlery stores and clothing shops.

There are alot of older people on the cruises, but there were a fair share of kids on the cruise. If all they want to do is relax, chill on the boat while reading a book or something, then a cruise is the way to go. But if you were like me, a kid, they may get bored.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:06 AM

I have lived in AK my whole life except for college. Any city up here (except Anchorage) is gonna be borring for a teenager, however from my experiences from relatives, your parents will have a great time. Lots of scenic things to do, lots of things you or I would find stupid that they will like to do. Try and find a cruise that will let them ride the train to Denali and have an overnight there. I would have them bring shorts and teeshirts, but also bring some warmer clothing as well. Can easily get into the 50's in the summer up here and depending where you go can get into the 80's as well. Also make sure to bring a light rain coat as the coastal cities have lots of rainy days.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Alaskan cruise

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, add "hot chick" to your title...

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, I was expecting some naked eskimo pics