Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Need Software Dev & Web-Designer for Project.

Cross-Post from Computer Technical Help

No it's not a poker room and no, we're not guaranteed millions if it works out.

I just have an idea I recently came up with that I think could help many people on these forums.

Basically, I need someone who:

-Can develop a prog that can read PT while it is auto-importing (similar to PA HUD etc. but w/ a different purpose).

-Can make it so the data read from the PT auto-imports will be transferred to a central DB.

-Can manage large DBs of info so that individuals can log-in to view their info on the server.

-Can design a professional looking website... Not huge or anything, just good-looking.

If any of you can do one or all of these things, PM me for details and an AIM screen name if you have one.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Need Software Dev & Web-Designer for Project.

Hiya x2ski,

All the things you are asking for are possible. I would suggest you limit it to Postgres databases at first and then develop a different client for those with Access databases.

If you look at the overall exercice, you are talking about a fair bit of development time. I would say, count in terms of persons months rather than weeks, if you want something robust and scaleable.

What did you have in mind?

The first step would be to do a conceptual design which would lock in the bulk of the requirements or allows you to come to terms with the scope of your project. Even that, will probably need a few days to a few weeks, especially if detailed requirements are not very formal.

I may be able to help you getting started here I have access to the right tools for rapid documentation and model development. Just PM me with a bit more info, so that I can sketch out what you want and we will take it from there.

I would rather use Skype than AIM for RT communications.