Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 06:48 PM

Default $100 Party NL - Blind vs Big Stack

Just sat down a few hands ago. Villain was big stack with $250ish (other big stack just left). Everyone else was between $50-100. I have $100. For some reason all action isn't listed so I'll manually plug it in.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">Folded to CO bigstack, makes it $3, folded to me, I call</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks. Villain bets $4. Hero raises to $10. Villain calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $16. Villain pushes. Hero...

Final Pot:

I think my pf call was fine. The check-raise was too small. Was it even a wise move? The turn bet was pretty standard after the cr. Maybe $20 would have been better. Thoughts?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: $100 Party NL - Blind vs Big Stack

preflop is questionable...I don't like playing KT OOP in a raised pot. Flop raise should probably have been more, like $15. On the turn, it looks ok, but I fold here.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 PM

Everything looks fine up until the turn, but I think rather than leading out, I'd check-call it. Your hand isn't great at this point against a PFR, and leading out again OOP gives the villain a chance to do exactly what he did. Additionally, you have a pretty good number of "outs", but i'm not sure how good any of them are. He could have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], he could have AK, perhaps even JT or a set.

I'd check, call any bet up to pot size, and see what happens on the river. Cards you should be most excited about are clubs and jacks (value bet these). Cards which are also decent include kings and tens (probably check-call these) Most everything else is bad for you, and will likely involve check-folding, or check-calling a small bet.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:30 PM

man, flop check-raise is ugly as hell, its barely a mini-raise

why not lead/3-bet hoping to get it in asap? or check-raise more, push turn?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:32 AM

Yeah, I dropped the ball on the CR. I folded and he showed KQs fwiw.