Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Unnecessary receipts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Security surveillance can see the receipt printing and the cashier giving it to the customer, ensuring the cashier is not stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldnt they just not put all the stuff the customer buys into the register anyway? Does this really stop them from stealing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, they could but at least this method at least ensure that a sale actually took place. There have been stores where a single employee stole tens of thousands of dollars just by rining "phanthom" sales and taking the excess cash out of the drawer by the end of the night.

I don't think this is the best plan, but for some stores it works. When I managed cashiers they could rip up the receipt and toss it if the customer didn't want it.

I actually inquired with our software people about the ability to print only on request for our coffe shop register to save paper (not because I give a [censored] about the environment, custom thermal paper is expensive), but it would have been too difficult.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Unnecessary receipts

I was at Chipotle the other day and used a card and the girl asked me if I wanted a receipt or not I wish more places did that.
Also, when is 2+2 going to get a forum dedicated just to chipotle? Seems like it comes up enough.