Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2003, 12:00 PM

Default A strange observation

Please don't group me into the whole "On-line poker is fixed" group, but does anyone else think it's strange when you are playing at a full table then all of a sudden 6 players leave all at the same time? It dosen't hppen alot, and I'm not saying there is really anything to it, but it has happend to me more than once and I always feel real suspicious. Any thoughts?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Re: A strange observation

how often do you have to be told?

don't play at propoker
Old 11-17-2003, 12:09 PM

1) Coincidence.
2) A big tourney is just starting up.
3) An uberfish left and the sharks followed.
4) A team of clueless colluders left en masse.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:10 PM

never played there. This happend to me at party.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:12 PM

Might be that the first of those 6 players to leave is the sucker at the table, and the 5 others go check for a better table. Also, just because they all seem to leave at exactly the same time (on your screen), that may not be the case. Internet lagging may cause it to look like this.

On another note, how do you feel when you sit out or leave yourself (from a full table), just to come back a minute later and find out the table now is shorthanded? Do you feel like you are the sucker on that table?

adde
Old 11-17-2003, 12:23 PM

Might also happen because at Party there is huge table selection. Many people don't like to play short handed and would rather play at a full table. Because Party is so big, it's easy to move to another table. I do this too. If the table drops down to six or seven people then I move. It's like a chain reaction.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:40 PM

Even stranger yet would be to see a table with the same 10 players for more than 30 minutes.

What I see most of the time is 2-3 players leaving and then everyone else bailing because they are scared/hate to play shorthanded.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:28 PM

When a new player joins the table and is very slow it can also cause people to leave. Myself I hate waiting 20 secs everytime a specific player has to choose which button to push. I usually play until the blinds hoping its a temporary internet problem, if not then I find another table.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:46 PM

I see that every now and then. I agree with you. It smacks of collusion among players. But that does not mean that Party, the house, has fixed the game. If Party had fixed it, they would not be stupid enough to have 6 bot players leave simultaneously.

I often see two or three players leave immediately. If they are the BB and SB, this is understandable. But sometimes it is two or three players, none of whom are in the blinds. This is very fishy.

Again, Party could nip this in the bud by seeing if there are players who play together a suspiciously high percentage of the time that both are online. Easier said than done, but probably doable from a programming standpoint.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:48 PM

This often happens when a tourney (usually with a small entry fee) is starting. At Stars, the ring game can get deserted for a while starting at 10:25 p.m., EST, just before the 10:30 NL (either $1, or $3) starts. Also, if the average pot size and/or pre-flop %age for the table gets too low people will often (correctly IMO) start leaving it. Also, once one or two go and are not replaced other will follow.