Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

I agree with Fallen Hero.

You don't supply any read on Villain nor of your table image, so we'll all assume an average $25NL Villain. In my experience, such a villain will not interpret a flat call as scarier than a push. An average villain on this level will not have raised with T9s or QTs from EP, hence you put him on two broadway cards or a midpair - meaning he will not be drawing to an open-ended straight, but he has caught something on the flop. Given that, the fact that he raised pf and that you have POSITION, I'd give him a chance to bluff on the turn or call a 1/2 potsize bet.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no "playing correctly" in poker (I think we can agree to that) if you don't understand your villain. Unless the games have changed imensly since I left $25NL the average player will pay you off on the turn and river with TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understanding your opponent and making broad statements that 25nl players will not care about pot odds are different. Obviously there is a fair amount of ignorence and stupidity at the 25 nl tables. But assuming your opponent will disregard pot odds or number of cards to come is also ignorant and stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with that, but I was exagerating. I don't truely believe they disregard pot odds or number of cards to come.
What I do believe in is that they will pay you off if you just call here, you'll have around $11 in a $12 pot (i may be off, i didn't check before writting this, but I think I'm not missing by much), there is no way the average $25NL folds to a $5 bet on the turn and an all-in on the river more times than he folds to a flop push
Old 12-07-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Set hits ... small stack all in w/ caller...now what

$9 in the pot. Hero has $11 behind. Easy push. No need to get fancy and overthink this one.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Set hits ... small stack all in w/ caller...now what

I don't think villian is going anywhere. A push looks like you're trying to isolate the SB, which might induce a call. Push it in.