Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: 55 flops a set

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would c/r this. But that's me. I had to examine myself to figure out why I would do so. (Because I think leading is better against unknown villians). I would c/r because:

--I am playing with loose passive calling stations who would probably just call with AA.
--and, if I am playing with people who know me, which I almost always am, a lead here from me isn't a draw, it's a straight or a set, so I have to c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be results oriented thinking from me, but i dont see how op doesnt lead given the players and the nasty board. reasons to lead the flop...

a nit like me's most likely holding is an overpair or a hand that will give u no value.

the donkey will call w/ anything, and if he has a draw u want to charge him.

u dont want to give a free card on this draw heavy board.

u lose tons of value w/ a c/r if villain has half of a brain.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why r u making up the hand history? i was the villain in this hand and there was another villain in the hand too, and u made me fold an overpair, jerkface...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerface? I don't think I've ever been called that before...

Anyway, I thought there was a chance it may be you when reviewed the hand history.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why r u making up the hand history? i was the villain in this hand and there was another villain in the hand too, and u made me fold an overpair, jerkface...

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerface? I don't think I've ever been called that before...

Anyway, I thought there was a chance it may be you when reviewed the hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ya that was me. that was the 3rd overpair i had folded in a 15 minute period and i wanted to puke. good thing a 2+2er profited off of it...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 AM

During the hand, I felt that there was a significant chance (> 2/3) UTG would bet if checked to because of my TAG read on him, and that was really all I considered in the heat of the moment.

I definitely see how a line of betting the flop/3 betting if raised is a nice line too, and I wish I would have considered it at the time.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By this, I assume you mean, I fold out the villain too often with a C/R?

BTW, for those who like betting the flop, is that still your line if there is no SB in this case, and you're heads up? I still kind of like the C/C flop, C/R turn line (which is what I was hoping to have happen in this case if SB had folded) in that case.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By this, I assume you mean, I fold out the villain too often with a C/R?

BTW, for those who like betting the flop, is that still your line if there is no SB in this case, and you're heads up? I still kind of like the C/C flop, C/R turn line (which is what I was hoping to have happen in this case if SB had folded) in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r=strength to me

and as for if this were hu, i still always lead the flop for the opportunity to get my stack in asap. i dont want a flush card to kill my action or my hand and i want to stack overpairs b4 an over to their pair comes. in this situation i had KK, if an ace a spade or a str8 card comes u lose a lot of value...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

--and, if I am playing with people who know me, which I almost always am, a lead here from me isn't a draw, it's a straight or a set, so I have to c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arg that must suck. Ya you define your hand pretty good if someone knows you.