Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Suicide pool picks -- your opinion please

Green Bay at 2-10? With no running back and a terrible offensive line? Oakland on the road starting a back-up QB that hasn't played in 2 years? Over SD at home against a mediocre team traveling across country? Not me.

If I make it past this week, I would be on Miami the next week at home against the Jets. I've looked at the weeks after that but I haven't made any decisions yet. It starts to become slim pickings. I think I have to take the Giants at home against KC but I'm not sure I'm locked into that one yet.

By the way, if I don't take SD this week, I don't take them at all, so there's no point in trying to save them.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:56 PM

If Oakland was starting Collins I think they'd be a solid pick (per my previous post in this thread). They still might have some value, as I like the matchup of Lamont Jordan versus the #29 rush defense, but still they wouldn't necessarily be my top play this week. San Diego is certainly the play this week, we were only looking at alternative plays IF he'd taken San Diego last week...
Old 12-06-2005, 07:31 PM

Collins is out? I did not know that. But I Detroit has no quarterback (Orlafsky might start), no running back if Jones is still out, and Miami has dreams of catching New England if they can win out. The money line on SD is huge, and it is probably the right play.

When do you think about hedging?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM

FWIW, Collins isn't hurt, he's being demoted.

This is the week to use the Chargers, otherwise you're facing SD @ Indy, SD @ KC (KC in a must-win scenario) and closing out with Denver at home. none of which would be smart plays, unless Indy loses this week and announces they're sitting starters here out.

I also start thinking about a small moneyline hedge here - maybe just enough to pick up my entry fee... especially so if you're the only one left with SD.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:57 PM

Yeah I am in a very tough spot this week. I don't take road teams so the teams I have left that have a favorable matchup are few and far between. The only teams I am liking are MIN (-282) vs StL, CAR (-217) vs TB, and GB (-245) vs DET. Of those 3 what is the general consensus oh who is the best pick. I am leaning towards the Vikes but they are my favorite team and I usaully try and avoid any situation where gambling/my favorite teams are mixed. That being said I think MIN is the "safest" pick in this group with GB close behind.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 PM

Niss. How do you feel about the Arizonanz against the Redskin Potatoes? Mr. Gonzalez
Old 12-12-2005, 01:01 PM

Did you hedge at all?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:12 PM

Nope. Felt like I was throwing money away this week, I was that confident in SD winning. Oops.