Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: low limit o8 post flop folds

750 hands of lo8, (I know it's miniscule), and my VPIP is 15%, I don't think I have a problem playing to MANY hands (but maybe not enough) preflop. I play fairly well in small stakes holdem post flop, but o8 is taking a while to adjust to. My reads in lo8 need a LOT of work. It's hard to phrase this question much more specifically w/out a hand history, but I'm really just trying to get a feel for what you all are thinking about w/non nut hands.

It seems I'm overvaluing non nut str8s. I thought I was overvaluing the flushes before. Because of my preflop starting requirements it seems like I'm very often in there with a naked nut low, but it's not bothersome with 6 people on the flop/4 turn/and 3 riv, even if the betting is crazy most of the way. I'm not getting 1/4'd much.

I scoop nearly as often as I win the high according to poker tracker.

Is 15% VPIP reasonable?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: low limit o8 post flop folds

Yes 15% is reasonable.

With that few amount of hands, the difference between 15% and 20% is just a very few hands here or there.

I wouldn't be too aggressive here and think of adding more hands, the odd hand here or there will bring you up on it's own.

Dave