Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: AJ. Folded set. Correct move?

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (19.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 27.75 BB.
Results in white below:
MP3 has 2d 2h (a full house, Twos full of aces.)
UTG+1 has Ks Jh (two pairs, aces and tens.) - Talk about tricky play
MP3 wins 26.75 BB.

So yea, I would have won when that T come. But hey, I didnt deserve it at all so I won't complain.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:00 PM

:grunch: I think it was okay not to raise preflop.

Flop - I would have 3-bet the flop. Only four hands beat you: AK/AQ/22/A2. I put UTG+1 on Axs.

Turn - I would have raised UTG+1's bet, not call.

You played the trips passively and were forced out of the pot. Looking at the turn play, I feel MP3 may actually have the Axs and UTG+1 has pocket 2's. CO, who's been calling everything down, is probably holding a high pocket pair: QQ/JJ?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:01 PM

off topic: given their hands, I am dumbfounded by the river action

on topic: raise PF. since you just called, raise the flop, and turn, call a three bet
Old 12-02-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I know. Just trying to find out if I misplayed it any ways other what I mention by not raising preflop and turn to get more information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are raising just for information? A raise is to protect or for value. Getting information is secondary.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please eloborate about why you think a 3-bet is correct when facing a check-raise? I'd like to hear comments on that since that may be a leak in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 3-bet the c/r on the flop. You have to think what would he c/r with? Trips? Yep and that's what you have (which a decent kicker) so pop him back. If he calls, I would put him on the trips but he doesn't like his kicker. If he caps, I would think higher kicker or maybe even 22s or A2s.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

River: (19.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Results in white below:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I wouldn't call UTG+1 plays exactly "tricky." Dumb, but not tricky. Has UTG+1 lost it? Tilting? Is anyone else wondering why he is 3-betting the river when he is playing the board? Amazing.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Results in white below:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I wouldn't call UTG+1 plays exactly "tricky." Dumb, but not tricky. Has UTG+1 lost it? Tilting? Is anyone else wondering why he is 3-betting the river when he is playing the board? Amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got top kicker [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. MP3 must have noticed he was tilting 'cause he kept raising with the worst Full House.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I know. Just trying to find out if I misplayed it any ways other what I mention by not raising preflop and turn to get more information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are raising just for information? A raise is to protect or for value. Getting information is secondary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. I value them equally as in, I bluff alot.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:44 PM

To those who are saying that the OP must raise PF, I think limping is just fine. The 4 players listed here are all taggish looking at there numbers. If you include the OP as well, then at least 5 of the 10 players at this table are TAG. My guess is this is a pretty tight table pretty much irrespective of what the other 5 players are (BTW, something is not adding up here... the converter says that it is 10 handed, yet I only see 9 players in the action??).

At a tight table in EP, I will limp AJo more often than not.

On the flop, I agree, you should be 3-betting this. You will be dominating UTG+1s limping range more often than not in this situation. If he caps, that makes it a different story. Even so, you still have outs with the case ace and your boat outs.