Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Hastert Plays Politics With Holidays

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to impose your religion on us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a giant tree really imposing religion on you? How does that force you to do anything you don't want to do?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:21 PM

I work and pay taxes, they use my tax money to buy symbols of christianity. They are forcing me to work for christianity.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I work and pay taxes, they use my tax money to buy symbols of christianity. They are forcing me to work for christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've hit the *really* offensive part of this. I don't care if it's a christmas tree, a easter bunny, or a holiday armadillo, there's still someone taking my money to pay for it.

They're forcing me to work for interstate highways, public schools, and nuclear weapon research!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're forcing me to work for interstate highways, public schools, and nuclear weapon research!

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! And because YOU don't want these things, NOBODY should have them! Now I understand the logic!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:36 PM

Defense, infrastructure and education go toward the common good. I have tried to refrain from being condesending, but didnt you take econ 101 in high school? xmas trees do not fall into this catagory.

It is up to our elected leaders to determine how to spend our money. The way things are going, we will be getting new leaders soon.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Defense, infrastructure and education go toward the common good. I have tried to refrain from being condesending, but didnt you take econ 101 in high school? xmas trees do not fall into this catagory.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't? Why not? Apparently a lot of people get benefits from christmas trees. We know this because a lot of people buy them for their own homes. *You* like defense, infrastructure, and eductation, but someone else might not. Somebody likes christmas trees, and you don't. Why is one use legitimate and the other not?

[ QUOTE ]
It is up to our elected leaders to determine how to spend our money. The way things are going, we will be getting new leaders soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you like the system as long as they're blowing someone else's money on things *you* like.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:36 PM

Why don't you just post a picture of your avatar instead of words? It all boils down to the same thing anyway and you'll save a lot of time...