Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: I pushed the raise button till my fingers were numb

Not for anything, but your post makes me think you were the button in the hand. Seriously. You complain about the SB playing suited connectors, the guy did everything right (or close to it, and played his hand better than you played yours). Bottom two is a good hand, but not great, and when there are tons of draws out there, as well as the possibility that your hand could be counterfeited, you simply misplayed the hand, I mean capping the turn?

Even if you had pocket tens and had flopped the best possible hand, there's close to a 50-50 chance you were going to lose to the OESFD.

You're on tilt by posting this hand and ranting about crap.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: I pushed the raise button till my fingers were numb

Never mind capping the turn - the more I think about this one, the less I like the first turn raise, and here's why -

SB leads out on a pretty coordinated flop, you raise, and he calls. So far, nothing out of the ordinary - there could be all sorts of draws he's on.

But then a non-diamond, non-paint card hits, and he leads out again - even though you just raised him. He's in effect saying - I know you're going to raise me again, but I don't care! In my experience, people still on a draw on the turn will check to the flop raiser the overwhelming majority of the time. Unless you know him to just donk out a bet on every street because his check button doesn't work, I have to think that he's no longer on a draw here. The only thing you're really beating here is an overplayed AT/KT.

Based on the way he's playing, I'd expect to see a set maybe 70% of the time, a straight probably 20%, and an overplayed TPTK 10%. None of which looks good for your 2-pair.
Closed Thread