Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 11-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Lori Lori is offline
Senior Member

Location: In cyberspace, no-one can hear your sig.
Default Pokerspamman.com is GONE. Thanks to Netfirms.com

My email to the abuse section of Netfirms.com (I know of at least one other person who emailed, thanks to him as well).

Subject: Spammer from netfirms account

>Hi there support,
>
>I often post at the twoplustwo.com poker forums and we have been having
>problems with a spammer originating from your site.
>
>The guy has been told it is in direct opposition to forum rules, he has also
>been politely asked to stop, insulted and generally told to go away in jerky
>motions, but still he continues to abuse the forum.
>
>Could you please ask him to stop this as we neither require his actions, nor
>are they allowed within the forum rules and, quite frankly, he is getting in
>the way of serious poker discussion.
>(His site isn't even helpful, and in fact tells lies in an attempt to
>forward his own affiliate business)
>
>His address is http://www.pokerreviews.netfirms.com
>
>Thanks
>
>Lorinda

Their reply (within a few hours)

>Hello,
>
>Thank-you for your e-mail enquiry.
>
>Please be advised that we have disabled this site.
>
>Netfirms provides legitimate web hosting services and has a ZERO tolerance policy towards SPAM.
>
>We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
>
>Regards,
>
>Phil
>Netfirms, Inc.
>www.netfirms.com

I think Netfirms belong at the top of our list of customer service people. (Shame they don't have a poker site [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

Lori
Old 11-10-2003, 10:09 PM
CrackerZack CrackerZack is offline
Senior Member

Location: NY
Default Very nice (NM)

Old 11-10-2003, 10:17 PM
rusty JEDI rusty JEDI is offline
Senior Member

Location: British Columbia, Canada

Three cheers for Lorinda

Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray
Old 11-10-2003, 10:21 PM
HavanaBanana HavanaBanana is offline
Senior Member

Thanks Lori [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2003, 11:38 PM
annieadlin annieadlin is offline
Senior Member

Great Job Lori!!

Just think how much Party and other sites would save if they would crack down on their own spamming policy and close the accounts of affiliates who spam the boards.
They would no longer have to pay the rake rebates and that would stop the spammers in their tracks.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Inthacup Inthacup is offline
Senior Member

Location: Inthacup

Fantastic work Lori.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:08 AM
JAque JAque is offline
Senior Member

Default Questions

Just to make it clear..I don't have a web page and I am not an affiliate, however, I have a few questions for you:

1) How does someone that does not want to SPAM announce his web site for the first time to the group here? Is this allowed once? I am sure there are few affiliates where the poker information in their site is worth a look.

2) Are the rules more relaxed for certain contributors to the site? I think there are still people that advertise their web at the bottom of the message

3) Are the rules relaxed if the person post a message related to poker and discritely mentions his site

I am just curious..

yhanks

JAque
Old 11-11-2003, 12:23 AM
eugeneel eugeneel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Needham, MA
Default Re: Questions

If you are one of the top four respected posters on this forum you are given special permission to put a small message in your signature.
The poll has been conducted weeks ago and I came in as #2 behind a legendary guy called onlinechamp...
Old 11-11-2003, 01:51 AM
BillE BillE is offline
Member

well done.

remember fishy's site? i can take the nod for taking that one down. welcome to the club.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:42 AM
Foldarama_City Foldarama_City is offline
Senior Member

Default What the .....?!?! Where\'s my website gone?!?!

Just kidding.

Nice work Lori.