Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: breaking the 1BB/100 barrier

I ran 4BB/100 at 2/4 for about 40k hands, but for the most part people are shooting for 2BB/100, maybe 3BB/100 for the real stars among us.

I suspect my 2/4 results were an extended hot streak. I've averaged 2BB/100 at almost every game, every level over the last year. Now, I suspect that could go up by .5-1 BB/100 if I really closed down on my leaks, but at this point its hard to know what the leaks are.

Stats can show you're not aggressive enough, fail to stea/defend blinds, but at some point you reach a spot where stats just don't help anymore. You're game is fundamentally sound and your leaks are in a hand here or there that you misplayed, such a small number of hands relative to the whole that you can't pinpoint any stat that would highlight the problem.

The best you can do is post/read in those cases and try to figure out why certain indvidual hands bothered you.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: breaking the 1BB/100 barrier

read strategy posts, post hands, read books, just try to improve your game overall, dont worry about winrate, it will come, dont worry about a specific #, youll know when ur playing well...