Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 88 Live at the Bike. 30/60

So we are all comfortable both with my read that after this much aggression that SB has 5X AND that UTG has hearts/might fold 99/TT? I mean, isn't that wishful thinking? And to believe those two things so much that we should raise instead of call? Can this be right?

As for my read of SB, I've not played with him before, but his betting/verbal patterns match perfectly 2 hands in which he gave considerable action with an inferior hand AND do NOT match 2 hands in which he had a very strong made hand on the flop. So yeah, I'm pretty sure the read is good, but the sample size is still very small.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:41 PM

I think UTG's hand range here is pretty small. After all that action his turn response is going to be very honest imo, if he is slowplaying a big hand he's not going to continue to slowplay it by calling 2 cold. If he had a pocket pair we would have heard from him more on the flop, and if he has a J I think he likely bets the turn. The most likely hand a reasonable villian holds after this action is two big cards that got stuck in for two bets on the flop and then picked up a heart draw on the turn.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:59 PM

Goofball, I don't think you understand just how passive UTG is. If he has 99,TT,QQ this is exactly how he plays it. AJ, probably considering I am repping AA/KK and SB is repping trip 3s. That is how he looks at this hand. From UTG's eyes, MP1 is a tight agro who likely has QQ-AA, AK. SB is a wild monkey who may or may not have the 3. From UTG's eyes.