Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Two Hands-Comments please

Your comments needed. I am officially on tilt now so please serious comments only please. Scarcasm is ok but use it skillfully.

I have a special file for hands like the second one. Do You See Why?

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (17.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Two Hands-Comments please

First hand:
Why do you check and call the turn and river? You have a full house and CO has shown no aggression! Bet the turn. 3-bet if he raises. B/C the river. You have the best hand here 9 of 10 times. Way,way,way to passive on this hand I think.

Second hand:

Wow does that suck. I think you can easily fold the river. Someone has an ace for sure. That being said... I probably call any just so I can show my cards and proceed to go on a tilt/rage fueled rant a la Hulmuth. But seriously... you should fold.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:03 PM

Why no turn bet or raise on the first hand? He could have made a flush. Same with the river. KK, K9, K5, K3, 99 are the only hands you're behind.

Second hand looks fine.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:05 PM

well if he has 99 or K9 or something in hand #1 that sux, but bet the turn anyways. heck, i'd even 3-bet that turn. you will win more often than not.

hand #2: i'm not overcalling that river.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:09 PM

grunch

First Hand: You have to raise on the turn, if you get reraised, you can slow down and pray you don't see 99 or K9.

Second Hand: preflop raise might be a little loose, depends on the table, but the flop is excellent luck. On the river I think you could comfortably fold and cry about such a nice big pot. One or both have an Ace.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:10 PM

If it was just one bettor on that river, I call every time - it could be QJ. With two, one almost certainly has an A. I fold rather than overcall.

Hand 1 is terrible. Just lean on the bet/raise button and don't let up until he makes you scream Uncle.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:10 PM

I lose or win alot more on hand 1.

Hands 2 looks good, but I think the 2nd A kills you. That sucks. NH.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 PM

Is raising KQo, out of the BB, against 3 opponents standard for everyone?

I agree with everyone else about everything else. Seriously, what's up with that turn check in hand 1??
Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it was just one bettor on that river, I call every time - it could be QJ. With two, one almost certainly has an A. I fold rather than overcall.

Hand 1 is terrible. Just lean on the bet/raise button and don't let up until he makes you scream Uncle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting almost 20:1? I think you might be overvaluing the overcall. If it's a no-brainer call HU, then it can't be an easy overcall getting such good odds. I call.

Hand 1--is that a joke? I'm thinking that hand should be in the bad beats forum. And if you aren't bet/raising till you bleed, as recommended above, you're insane.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is raising KQo, out of the BB, against 3 opponents standard for everyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

No