Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Please give me advice on AA preflop and then AA post flop?

The probelem also is that if I do lead out and bet, most opponents( I think) would be asking themselves. What is the chance of me potting preflop and then actually having a jack in my hand when the flop comes. They have a great stealing opportunity. I bet half pot, they double that bet, and now what?
If you think about it they probably are saying you dont have a jack and I am going to take this pot from you. But you just never know. Very hard situation for me, that gets expensive when I am wrong.

I realize that sometimes you have to lay down the best hand. It is inevitable. But I guess the best answer is to know what your opponents are capable of doing. If they are capable of making a steal play on you, then call. If they play tight as rocks and make the same play then probably fold. I guess?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The probelem also is that if I do lead out and bet, most opponents( I think) would be asking themselves. What is the chance of me potting preflop and then actually having a jack in my hand when the flop comes. They have a great stealing opportunity. I bet half pot, they double that bet, and now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise again! When you lay down the best hand, it should only be due to the fact that you incorrectly believe that you are beat.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's turn the situation around. Let's say your opponent potted it pre-flop and got two callers (including you) and the flop shows a pair. The villain then bets half of the pot. How often are you bluff-raising the villain holding nothing? I would guess that your answer is rarely/never and that you're being paranoid about getting bluffed out of the hand. True, sometimes it will happen. Perhaps more often at the $400 level. It's my experience at the $200 level and below where I play, that most of the time people simply play their cards and fold if they don't have a jack because they just don't want to risk that 1) you don't have a jack and 2) you'll fold AAxx.