Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Staking Agreements

I was wondering if anyone could give me an example of any common staking agreements. I'm currently considering an agreement for a friend to stake me to move up higher than my current bankroll will allow.

Assume that I will play often and I'm a decent winner at the new limit, what is a reasonable staking agreement? I'm not trying to get screwed or screw him over, just trying to provide myself with a large bankroll and provide him with a reasonable return on his investment. Remember if I'm wrong and I'm NOT a winner at the new limit the financial loss will fall to him.

Considering a 15k investment on his part, I was considering 50% of gross winnings up to double his original investment, 10% of any additional winnings for one full year. Also should these winnings include rakeback or no?

Am I screwing myself or him?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Staking Agreements

It depends. Are you just taking a shot? If you are just taking a shot, your getting the best of the deal. If you can definitely win at these levels and something happened where a large part of your bankroll is gone, he's getting the better of the deal. If you knew you could beat these stakes you are thinking of playing, you would have to win more than double what you are making per hour at the stakes you are playing now to be worth it. If you are making $50 per hour, and you can make $100 per hour at the new stakes, you are making the same thing. So it depends.