Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Hand @ 3/6 full kill - strategy question

Playing 3/6 full kill game @ Trump indiana. Structure is that if one player wins two pots in a row, he posts $6 on the next hand while the blinds stay @ $1 and $3. Then the game plays like a 6-12.

If the killer wins again, same deal - he posts $6 and it's a 6-12.
Up till now, all the kill pots have been 3-4 handed and unraised.

So we're at normal 3/6 and I win a pot. Next hand, we're still 3/6 and I'm the cutoff w/ KT off. Folded to me with 3 tight passive players behind me.
Should I raise it up or fold it? If I win then I have to post $6 in the next pot as a kill.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Hand @ 3/6 full kill - strategy question

Easy raise regardless of kill posts.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:35 PM

Raise and blurt out, "I'm just gonna go ahead a post my kill now, you tight-passive weenies."
Old 11-27-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise and blurt out, "I'm just gonna go ahead a post my kill now, you tight-passive weenies."

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 3/6 full kill game @ Trump indiana. Structure is that if one player wins two pots in a row, he posts $6 on the next hand while the blinds stay @ $1 and $3. Then the game plays like a 6-12.

If the killer wins again, same deal - he posts $6 and it's a 6-12.
Up till now, all the kill pots have been 3-4 handed and unraised.

So we're at normal 3/6 and I win a pot. Next hand, we're still 3/6 and I'm the cutoff w/ KT off. Folded to me with 3 tight passive players behind me.
Should I raise it up or fold it? If I win then I have to post $6 in the next pot as a kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to disagree with the "easy raise" responses. I don't normally play kill games, so maybe somebody with more experience can chime in.

You have 3 tight passives behind you and there is $4 in the pot. You raise to $6 and everyone folds. Assuming a "no flop no drop" policy, you now have $10.

You then post the kill, leaving you with $4. Hence, your steal raise has netted you -$2.

Granted, there will be times when you win more than just the blinds in the nonkill hand, or win the kill pot for a nice profit. However, having to post a kill on the next pot reduces your implied odds on the current pot.

Somebody with more experience in playing kill games please respond to this.