Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Another Way To Prove My Point about African Children.

I think that roughly everyone is guilty of valuing conveinance over that of human life. Including Sandra Bullock's cheap ass.

Example:
Suppose I need some shoes because mine are busted. Let's say I buy some kicks for around $30. Considering I could of purchased $2 shoes at a salvation army, and sent that $28 to an African child/Homless guy/etc., therein I make the statement to the world that I care more about the style of shoes than people's lives.

The same principle of course applies to Bullock. She donated $1mil to charity, but I doudt she'll be showing up to the Oscars in a Salvation Army dress.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that roughly everyone is guilty of valuing conveinance over that of human life. Including Sandra Bullock's cheap ass.

Example:
Suppose I need some shoes because mine are busted. Let's say I buy some kicks for around $30. Considering I could of purchased $2 shoes at a salvation army, and sent that $28 to an African child/Homless guy/etc., therein I make the statement to the world that I care more about the style of shoes than people's lives.

The same principle of course applies to Bullock. She donated $1mil to charity, but I doudt she'll be showing up to the Oscars in a Salvation Army dress.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I assume you've taken a complete vow of poverty, eat only bread crust and water, give tirelessly to charity, and never spend anything on something you enjoy. Right?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Example:

[/ QUOTE ]

So I assume you've taken a complete vow of poverty, eat only bread crust and water, give tirelessly to charity, and never spend anything on something you enjoy. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]Show me where in my post I specified that I'm somehow not inclusive of "everyone". I even used myself as an example, I don't wear $2 shoes and I don't always take the thrift store sale/donate excess to charity option. If I was the person you assume I assume I was, I couldn't even justify the purchase of those $2 come to think of it, why do I deserve shoes when that $2 could go to keep the impoverished african child alive for a week?