Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 10:01 PM

Default (22) Am I terrible?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 1 - 10 players (Converter: PGC)

BB is N/A
LP1 is N/A

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 770 Chips</font>
SB: 700 Chips
BB: 800 Chips
UTG: 900 Chips
UTG+1: 745 Chips
MP1: 800 Chips
MP2: 745 Chips
MP3: 760 Chips
LP1: 1015 Chips
CO: 765 Chips

Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 10/15

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($65)</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="green">LP1 Calls</font>

(3 players) FLOP: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 205 Chips )
<font color="red">BB BETS ($60)</font>, <font color="blue">LP1 folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) TURN: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 325 Chips )
<font color="red">BB BETS ($125)</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) RIVER: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 575 Chips )
<font color="red">BB BETS ($60)</font>, Hero is All-In
<font color="green">BB Calls</font>

Final Pot:1095 Chips

On the fold and the turn I thought I was getting enough odds to call with 2 overs and a gut draw. When the spade came on the river and Villain made a weak bet I decided to represent the flush.

Thoughts on any part of this hand?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: (22) Am I terrible?

I play the 22 and I'm glad that I don't play against you. I'm not sure about your turn call. But I like your river bet. One of the best pieces of advice that I've ever read is from Chris Ferguson, (im paraphrasing), "If you have something then you don't have to bluff." But is that is true, then if you don't have anything, then bluffing is your only option.

But there are couple of necessary charactersitcs for a bluff. A bluff should be misleading but not confusing. In other words, it should be obvious to your opponent what you're representing. This is the best hand for bluffing because not only are you representing a flush, but it is hard for your opponent to put you on a busted over-cards with a gut draw.

You're over bet looks suspicious but at the same time I over-bet the pot at the 22s because frankly people will call.

gl.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:45 PM

The only thing about the hand I like is your raise from the button. other than that, fold the hand on the flop. By the turn, you still only have Ace high and now it's three flushed and two of the same card. A draw wasn't worth the money spent on this hand.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:45 PM

Pretty risky but not all that bad. If I were to bluff here I would probably do it on the turn since a good scare card comes and there is a pretty good chance the river card sucks for bluffing. So if you were going to pull something off, this looks like the spot.

Personally, I'd definately fold on the turn since it is pretty uncommon for people to fire the second bullet without having something in the 22s. And when they have something they really really like calling.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 AM

The preflop raise is okay, I normally limp here but don't tell Irie. I like the flop call since you raised pf, but you've just gotta lay down the turn and I absolutely hate the river push because it looks even weaker than his river bet.