Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: BB Small Flush

No, it isn't flawed. The pot is tiny, and as I said in my first post, I'm sure your bet on the flop would have some fold equity because of the tiny pot. Does a guy who limped AJ and facing a BB bet want to continue to 3 outs plus a BDSD?

Generally speaking, you do want to push your flush draws when you have more than one other caller. At least on the small streets. With a couple more limpers in the pot, and no pre-flop aggressor, I'd definitely bet out hoping everyone calls or I get a chance to 3-bet.

The EV stems from your flush is roughly 35% to come in and you are putting in 33% of the money. You gain 2%. That is 3-handed. If it's 5-handed, you are putting in 20% on a 35% draw, thus gaining 15% on your investment. (All results long-run, over time of course) Thus I like the bet out against 4+ players with no preflop AGG, and a C/R against only 2 others.

And I'm not all that sad when it gets checked through and I get to see the turn for free.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does a guy who limped AJ and facing a BB bet want to continue to 3 outs plus a BDSD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a player is ahead of us at the moment. To know his "outs" we'd need to know what he was behind. Our outs are 15 against AJ, so he has 47 - 15 = 32 outs, no?

[ QUOTE ]
Generally speaking, you do want to push your flush draws when you have more than one other caller. At least on the small streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are funded by at least 2:1, yep. You should do this on the turn too, when you are funded.

[ QUOTE ]
The EV stems from your flush is roughly 35% to come in and you are putting in 33% of the money. You gain 2%. That is 3-handed. If it's 5-handed, you are putting in 20% on a 35% draw, thus gaining 15% on your investment. (All results long-run, over time of course) Thus I like the bet out against 4+ players with no preflop AGG, and a C/R against only 2 others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, so betting the flop here is bad. I agree.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:06 AM

Someone with AJ in an unraised pot is usually going to figure you have something on this board so with a tiny pot he's going to think he has at most 6 outs and likely 3 outs. This is why betting the flop against tight players in an unraised pot is a good semibluff, the likelihood of them calling your flop bet is alot smaller. Of course if he KNEW we only had flush draw he'd know he was ahead but the point is he DOESN'T know.

If one of the players was tight and the other was a calling station I wouldn't bother but against alot of reasonable players this bet will win the pot outright on the flop.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:50 PM

I think betting this flop is a horrible, horrible mistake .. but, I've had way too much food today to try and explain myself more or better than I already have in this thread. Anyone else care to weigh in?

I'm going to go win some $$ before the tryptophan knocks me out for good.