Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: A nut flush draw and a big pot

..grunch..

on that flop, you need to totally jam it after CO raises. There's a gazillion people in that pot and you will be getting the best of it. Party on dude!

it would be not incorrect to jam this turn as well

the checkraise on this river is risky, but the pot is so big it doesn't really matter. I wonder if you'd get more if you just bet out. You might expect a lot of action anyhow.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:39 AM

grunch

I can't think of a single reason where I'm not trying to get 4 bets in the pot on that flop. With that many people in, get the money in!

Only cost yourself a few BB's. With as aggro as everyone has been this entire hand, it wasn't all that risky to check the river. I would have most likely bet/3-bet it though. I would just about die if it had been checked through.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:27 AM

You were in perfect position to trap a lot of people for a third bet on the flop.

This pot got surprisingly big considering you didn't do much to help it grow. You won't usually have two people doing all the betting for you like that on every street.

Trapping the field for a third bet on the turn looks somewhat +EV to me also if you consider your wheel outs will be good sometimes and your ace outs might be good occasionally.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:02 AM

*grunch*
[ QUOTE ]
But should I have been aggressive earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

The standart play would be to raise the flop. With many people yet to act, I think it is debatable but acceptable to wait and hope for a raise by someone behind you. That needs appropriate reads, though. You should've reraised the flop when it came back to you, trapping all the callers for one, maybe even two more bets if it's capped. You would not have been that stealthy, yes, but it doesn't matter too much, here. What are you trying to hide? You don't have a monster, yet! I don't think that noone will bet when you check the turn fearing a check-raise. Esp. when it is capped after you reraise. And even if it is: you don't mind the free card that much, although you have a draw to a flush and a wheel...
When you finally hit your flush on the river, many people won't be willing to let you pound them anymore...
Old 11-24-2005, 11:33 AM

Jam it. Most people you play against don't neither care nor think about what you have anyway...and your typical micro limit player will most likely have forgotten what happened on the flop when the turn/river card comes anyway, esp. with that many involved in the hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2005, 12:13 PM

You closed the action on the flop, definitely raise that flop again, be very happy if someone makes it 4 and everyone calls.

Mack