Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Attn: TGC Appreciate the OIC, but....

I appreciate the fact that you guys have gone through the trouble of setting up the OIC, and really would appreciate the bonuses that are in place, but I am sorry to say that the sense of urgency within the customer service department will more than likely keep many people from returning if they have experiences similar to mine. I sent a PM yesterday about this time, which was read at 04:54 this a.m., but still haven't gotten a response, which makes three attempts at contact, and still nothing. I have seen where there have been posts made to the public forum since my PM was read so I'll copy my email from yesterday here, so that you know what my original points were.

The following was sent to you via PM yesterday:

Well, let me start by saying that I'm not trying to berate or belittle anyone with this PM. I just want to make you aware of my issues and concerns. I realize that you all are a fairly new site and are working to overcome any issues that arise.

First let me inform you of my situation then I'll get into my issues. I just enrolled with TGC last week. I am a fairly regular player a Pokerstars, but thought that I would give TGC a shot after lurking around the board and reading about the OIC. To make a long story short I left work, went to the house, signed up with your site, and sent a PM requesting to be involved with the OIC. This went off without a hitch. I had the OIC money, along with the $15 bonus for signing up in my account by the next day. Everyone was super, and I was thinking that if the games were good then I would definitely consider making this my home. Stars has some issues of it's own at times, in my opinion.

Anyhow, at the start of the week I read a post of someone that was concerned about their alias being busted during the OIC. This made me wonder if there was any reason that I should worrry. Are other players going to try to isolate me, or avoid me? So, I sent an email to the support team. I received the obligatory auto-response, that someone would contact me within 24 hours. No response, yet.

Now, my second issue. When I signed up I was aware of the RAF deal, but wasn't informed of how I had to proceed to claim it. During the enrollment process I kept waiting for a screen to ask me if a friend had referred me, but that never materialized. I contacted Inthacup, and he was gracious enough to say that he would work along with you to see about getting this bonus. From what I have been told about that situation is that your organization has been nice enough to say that they would work with the people on the list that he sent to make those bonuses good. That is a super gesture in my eyes, but I had yet to hear from anyone through yesterday morning, so I PM'd Inthacup asking about the status of this. He responded by telling me that I might want to email you all regarding this situation. I did this yesterday. Got an auto-response, but no response yet.

I have yet to deposit any money yet because I want to make sure that the proper procedure is followed to avoid further troubles.

My biggest gripe is the lack of contact from customer support! Even if it's not good news, please get back with me. I would much rather that someone be truthful with me, than feel like my business is not important to them. I'm a manager in the customer service portion on a Fortune 500 company, and I return EVERY phone call or email that hits my desk. My customers deserve that level of respect.

Once again, I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops with this. I am just giving my two cents on issues that will be just as vital to keeping players as a four color deck and the way that windows pop up when you are playing multiple tables.

Please let me know where things stand. I look forward to hearing from someone.

Username: EDITED 11/6
ID: EDITED 11/6

Daniel Richards
Old 11-06-2003, 02:08 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: Attn: TGC Appreciate the OIC, but....

I have not tried to email TGC outside of the OIC bonus but i did need them for something else and used there 1-800# got exactly what i wanted in less than 5 minutes.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:00 PM

Dan,

In my experience, I have found that emailing support is much more effective than PMs. Try that and see if it helps.

Cup
Old 11-06-2003, 03:27 PM

Cup,

My first two efforts to contact them were through emails, the attempt yesterday was via PM because I hadn't received ANY response, except the AUTO-response. I sent the above via PM just to get the read receipt to make sure someone received it.

Just so no one gets my wrong. I'm not angry at all, just a little disappointed in the apparent lack of concern over what I consider to be semi-important issues.

I still appreciate all that you have done, and do believe that TGC's intentions are good, but they have asked for input from this forum, and good customer service will be just as important for them in the long run as a good game.

Dan
Old 11-07-2003, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I appreciate the fact that you guys have gone through the trouble of setting up the OIC, and really would appreciate the bonuses that are in place, but I am sorry to say that the sense of urgency within the customer service department will more than likely keep many people from returning if they have experiences similar to mine. I sent a PM yesterday about this time, which was read at 04:54 this a.m., but still haven't gotten a response, which makes three attempts at contact, and still nothing. I have seen where there have been posts made to the public forum since my PM was read so I'll copy my email from yesterday here, so that you know what my original points were.

The following was sent to you via PM yesterday:

Well, let me start by saying that I'm not trying to berate or belittle anyone with this PM. I just want to make you aware of my issues and concerns. I realize that you all are a fairly new site and are working to overcome any issues that arise.

First let me inform you of my situation then I'll get into my issues. I just enrolled with TGC last week. I am a fairly regular player a Pokerstars, but thought that I would give TGC a shot after lurking around the board and reading about the OIC. To make a long story short I left work, went to the house, signed up with your site, and sent a PM requesting to be involved with the OIC. This went off without a hitch. I had the OIC money, along with the $15 bonus for signing up in my account by the next day. Everyone was super, and I was thinking that if the games were good then I would definitely consider making this my home. Stars has some issues of it's own at times, in my opinion.

Anyhow, at the start of the week I read a post of someone that was concerned about their alias being busted during the OIC. This made me wonder if there was any reason that I should worrry. Are other players going to try to isolate me, or avoid me? So, I sent an email to the support team. I received the obligatory auto-response, that someone would contact me within 24 hours. No response, yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Daniel,

I am not sure if you have received my response to your PM yesterday but i will go through it again,

I am going to answer your questions in the order that you have asked them:

There is no way for someone to crack your alias through the system. Allot of players speculate on the style of play and from the comments that players make currently in the chat. Having said this we are not saying that the software cannot be cracked (for the crazed zoo folk that might take this as a challenge) so if you hear anything of the sort, drop me a pm and i will look into it.

[ QUOTE ]

Now, my second issue. When I signed up I was aware of the RAF deal, but wasn't informed of how I had to proceed to claim it. During the enrollment process I kept waiting for a screen to ask me if a friend had referred me, but that never materialized. I contacted Inthacup, and he was gracious enough to say that he would work along with you to see about getting this bonus. From what I have been told about that situation is that your organization has been nice enough to say that they would work with the people on the list that he sent to make those bonuses good. That is a super gesture in my eyes, but I had yet to hear from anyone through yesterday morning, so I PM'd Inthacup asking about the status of this. He responded by telling me that I might want to email you all regarding this situation. I did this yesterday. Got an auto-response, but no response yet.

I have yet to deposit any money yet because I want to make sure that the proper procedure is followed to avoid further troubles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding the RAF - We have finalised the list of players that have been referred by the cup on our side and have reconciled those players have have qualified and not qualified. My understanding is that you have not made the $30 purchase and have not raked the necessary hands to qualify for this bonus yet. These details were only confirmed yesterday between the cup and gc.

[ QUOTE ]

My biggest gripe is the lack of contact from customer support! Even if it's not good news, please get back with me. I would much rather that someone be truthful with me, than feel like my business is not important to them. I'm a manager in the customer service portion on a Fortune 500 company, and I return EVERY phone call or email that hits my desk. My customers deserve that level of respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I accept that our customer support has not been as effective as it should and the response times to players over the last few days have deteriorated. We are currently working overdrive (lots of overtime) to reduce the queries as well as staffing up given the growth that we have experienced over the last few weeks. Having said this, our average response time for October has been under 12 hours. This has skewed up to 18 hours for the last few days given the issues we have been experiencing in volume and some systems issues. This should be resolved momentarily and going forward when we staff up to deal with greater volumes (This does take a few weeks given hiring process and training before agents are allowed to answer queries)

[ QUOTE ]

Once again, I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops with this. I am just giving my two cents on issues that will be just as vital to keeping players as a four color deck and the way that windows pop up when you are playing multiple tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are introducing four color decks which should be available in two weeks. We understand that the multiple tables don't actually work well and are looking at changing the way this works, if you guys have any feedback on how you would like this to be, feel free to send me a pm and i will arrange for this to be incorporated - hot keys, overlapping windows..etc.

Click on menu, options, general options and select "separate windows per game"

As before i thank you for taking the time to respond and give us your feedback and i understand your frustration. As before we have put ourselves out here to listen and to take the good and the bad to improve our service and to really listen to what the players want and to deliver on this. Some of this are easy changes and some of this is going to take us some time (development, software improvements...etc)

thanks
GC
Old 11-07-2003, 10:47 AM

I'd like to say thanks to TGC for their responses to the issues that were concerning me, not only did they post a response here, but also PM'd me as well. I had not received the PM that was supposedly sent the day before. That was why I was concerned. I had been three days without any communication, and no one wants to feel as they are not important.

Now, that I know where I stand in regards to the bonus, it's off to Neteller to get a transaction made. Thanks again, TGC.

Dan