Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Going broke hand???

[ QUOTE ]
Being weak is good in this case. Only very weak hands will pay you off, so you have to appear weak. There is no straight or flush possible and at MOST villain has 4 outs to a gutshot if hes behind. So you give up almost no equity checking.

I think if you stop and take a few minutes to think about what villain could given this specific flop texture, checking behind is the best play - you maximize gains from weak hands and minimize losses to monsters.

Unless its been a few orbits and villain has like a 70% vpip or something, in that case just shove it in I guess.

On the other hand, if theres legitimate straight and flush draws out there, then yeah, I think you have to show strength and go broke.

edit: woops, thought positions were reversed. This situation sucks a lot more then, I think arguments still apply though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play weak you encourage much weaker hand sto bluff you. Top two pair on a dry board is a solid hand that I will need a lock solid read before I am folding.

Don't ever play weak, all you do is allow worse players to move you off hands. At these levels ABC is the most +EV way.