Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Two Pair w/ 3 Flush cards on Board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grunch.

Given that the flop was not raised I'm not putting anyone on 2 hearts in their hand, so I think we want to lead on the turn. If raised I'd call it and see what the river brings.

I also bet the river. There's no guarantee that villian is betting here. Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead the turn as well, but just because no one raised the flop is not an indication that no one has 2 hearts. Many people are very passive with their draws and try to get them as cheaply as possible even if raising is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I'm slightly worried about the flush but definitely not enough to not bet here w/o any resistance. Just because villian *could* have the flush is no reason to slow down. I'll become more cautious when villian raises saying "Hey, I have 2 hearts in my hand."
Old 11-21-2005, 07:28 PM

Bet the turn. You probabily have the best hand, if you are in fact raised you can call with 4 outs to make a boat. Also, you hand might be good. If you get raised call down, unless you have a good line on the raiser.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:30 PM

So you apparently you never like when your bad kicker gets paired to make two pair huh?? Sorry for the sarcasm, but bet, if someone raises you call, free cards are not good to give when you have a made hand, if a 4th heart falls, just check and call and be happy when you see other lower 2 pairs and other junk
Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the input. I've been beating myself up over this one and a couple of more like it for a few days. There are a few areas (playing oop especially) that are tough for me. Any general advice on improving my play without position?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:00 AM

bet the turn

if its raised then check/call the river ui
if its called then bet/call the river ui