Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Caption shenanigans

[ QUOTE ]
...rouge mods...

[/ QUOTE ]
Are those the <font color="red"> Red </font>ones?

Before you inflict the "<font color="green">Wrath of the Mod</font>" upon my lowly butt, that was intended in jest. I couldn't resist. Shoot me. Just please don't rename me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly the OOT mods. I've done a couple, but only in cases where I was sure the poster wouldn't mind, or they were utter losers who deserved it (by which I mean McVicker).

I don't think it's out of line at all, unless it's being used to attack legitimate posters. The default titles are both stupid and pointless. If you have a particular gripe you should make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no particular gripe other than she may not want everyone to know she's a girl (although she made referrence to such in one of her posts.

also, who do you consider to be "legitimate posters"? other than obvious trolls and spammers, we are all legitimate posters regardless of skill level, no?

tripdad
Old 11-21-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

no particular gripe other than she may not want everyone to know she's a girl (although she made referrence to such in one of her posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some mod(s) has been giving female posters female titles. (I saw someone else recently got "journeywoman" without her knowledge but didn't seem upset by it.) I don't know who or why, and I can see why someone might be upset/annoyed about it. In any case any mod ought to be willing to revert custom titles (other than Astroglide's "*" system) to the default on user request.

[ QUOTE ]
also, who do you consider to be "legitimate posters"? other than obvious trolls and spammers, we are all legitimate posters regardless of skill level, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the distinction I was making: between posters and spammers/trolls/whatever McVicker was.