Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Bottom Two on Three to Straight Flush Brd

Easy,

Relevant Stats are:

UTG - 58/21 - $107
CO - 45/0 - $105
SB - 65/5 - $75
Me - $99

NL 100 6Max

I am in the BB 87o

UTG raise to $2, 1 fold, CO calls, MP calls, SB calls and I call.

UTG had been raising a wide no of hands and the other two players were total fish so I decided I had a good chance of making alot if I hit the flop hard.

Flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Pot $10

What line do you take here? UTG is going to CB whether he has any piece of it or not so I decided to check, let him bet and see if either of the two passive players in between woke up with a hand before reevaluating.

I check, UTG bets $9.50, MP folds, CO calls, SB calls, Hero?

Is a fold too tight considering opponents, both callers could be drawing with absolutely anything and UTGs hand range is wide. Would you have led the flop?

Ta for thoughts, Mussy
Old 11-21-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Bottom Two on Three to Straight Flush Brd

I would call and lead for pot on a safe turn folding to any resistance. Note, I have not read this post very fully since it is so horribly formatted.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:11 PM

i would raise it to 35 or so
Old 11-21-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Bottom Two on Three to Straight Flush Brd (Changed Hand History)

Relevant Stats are:

UTG - 58/21 - $107
CO - 45/0 - $105
SB - 65/5 - $75
Me - $99

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG min raises to $2, MP calls, CO calls, Bn folds, SB calls, Hero Calls

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $9.50, MP folds, CO calls, SB calls, Hero?

There you go sorry didn't preview it properly it was crap. My initial plan was to see almost, if not, everybody else fold to the continuation bet and then lead a safe turn. I was wondering if against three players the plan changes?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:14 PM

i don't think i would have led the flop if you say the raiser has been making CBs at any flop. If you were absoulutely sure he was going to make a bet like he did, then you should definitely check-raise. If you were to lead out, a bet of around $15 would be in order.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Bottom Two on Three to Straight Flush Brd (Changed Hand History)

[ QUOTE ]
Relevant Stats are:

UTG - 58/21 - $107
CO - 45/0 - $105
SB - 65/5 - $75
Me - $99

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG min raises to $2, MP calls, CO calls, Bn folds, SB calls, Hero Calls

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $9.50, MP folds, CO calls, SB calls, Hero?

There you go sorry didn't preview it properly it was crap. My initial plan was to see almost, if not, everybody else fold to the continuation bet and then lead a safe turn. I was wondering if against three players the plan changes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Much better! Now if you had only included the pot size on the flop.... lol just kidding no one is perfect.

My advice still stands. A lot of turns cards are going to destroy your hand and against many hands you are ahead of your equity edge is small. On the turn this changes dramatically. Also if you bet and get raised or check raised it will be very hard to tell when you are crushed or coin flipping vis a pair / flush draw or flush / straight draw etc type hand.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:27 PM

I fold.

A heart, 6, T, J, 9 on the turn and your not going to want to continue. Pretty much the worst 2 pair flop you could get.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:30 PM

The problem with a check raise as I see it is that while the UTG raiser may well fold CO and SB are calling most bets with any draw or pair, an offsuit 5 or the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for example. The check raise would have to be nearly half of the rest of my stack and I would then have to check/fold to half the deck on the turn. I think a c/raise here given the previous action is just asking for trouble.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:45 PM

after that sick flop and a bet and 2 calls I just can't see you being ahead. If you are ahead your opponents collectively have about a zillion outs, and if you are behind you are drawing to 4 outs and they might not be good if someone has 98 or something. I probably fold here.....people love playing JT and suited crap.