Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 12:31 PM

Default A situation where I\'m not as sure as I thought...

This type of hand came up twice this weekend and I thought it was an easy 3-bet at the time but now I'm reconsidering. This happened 5/10 6-max once and 2/4 full once and the answers may very well be different for the 2 limits.

I am dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I raise and get one cold caller.

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Bet, call.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Bet, raise. Against an unknown do you tend to 3-bet or just call down here? Against a tag?

Last question - if this is a K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] it's an easy 3-bet, right?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-21-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: A situation where I\'m not as sure as I thought...

I 3-bet. I doubt he has 98 for the two pair. Usually I think he has a PP higher than a 9, or some top pair type hand. I think he would raise the flop with a flush draw. You might be behind to trips, but not all that likely, and you have plenty of outs if you are. This could also be a semibluff by him with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. If the turn was a king, I think this would be an even easier 3-bet.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Thanks for the response! This was my thought as well and I did 3-bet. I'm wondering though:

1.) How often are we against someone who successfully drew to a flush.
2.) If it's worth check/folding the river unimproved if the turn is capped.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:13 PM

Ahh I thought you were a 2+2er deception. I agree with you that the higher the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], the higher the chance that you're good and you should 3 bet.

I like your line although I wouldnt make this 3 bet against every opponent.