Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 01:45 PM

Default OIC comments/Please read Gaming Club guy.

First off thanks for sponsoring this event and being so generous.

Second, I see that the person who's bankroll grows the most from day to day recieves a $50 bonus. Is their a leader board for this or anywhere to look that has that info?

Third, I dont like the fact that the trophy goes to the first person who reaches $2000. Some people sit at home all day and play cards, I know cuz I used to do it. But, now I cant and Im sure there are other players in the same boat that cant play 8-10 hours a day. Im not saying that I'll reach the $2000 goal, just that it is a 3 week event and the champion shouldnt be decided by who is first. That structure favors the better players that can play the most. If I had the say so, the trophy would go to the winner of the freeroll that is offered for all the players that reach the $2000 goal. This structure seems to favor no one and makes it more fair. I know this probably can not be changed now b/c the peramaters have already been set, but it is something to keep in mind if you guys host another OIC, or if another OIC takes place anywhere else.

Ryan_21
Old 11-04-2003, 04:30 PM

Default Re: OIC comments/Please read Gaming Club guy.

[ QUOTE ]

First off thanks for sponsoring this event and being so generous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pleasure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Second, I see that the person who's bankroll grows the most from day to day recieves a $50 bonus. Is their a leader board for this or anywhere to look that has that info?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not yet -- our designers just haven't had a chance to add this in, so for the moment we're just posting the daily winners on the zoo.

[ QUOTE ]

Third, I dont like the fact that the trophy goes to the first person who reaches $2000. Some people sit at home all day and play cards, I know cuz I used to do it. But, now I cant and Im sure there are other players in the same boat that cant play 8-10 hours a day. Im not saying that I'll reach the $2000 goal, just that it is a 3 week event and the champion shouldnt be decided by who is first. That structure favors the better players that can play the most. If I had the say so, the trophy would go to the winner of the freeroll that is offered for all the players that reach the $2000 goal. This structure seems to favor no one and makes it more fair. I know this probably can not be changed now b/c the peramaters have already been set, but it is something to keep in mind if you guys host another OIC, or if another OIC takes place anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the suggestion. At the outset, we nominated jasonHoldEm to call any issues like this, so we'll leave it to him if he wants to change anything at this stage.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:27 PM

Hi Ryan,

I think you have a valid point, I discussed it with Mike Haven and sent our suggestion to the Gaming Club for evaluation. I'll let you know (or they will I guess)...someone will, lol.

Jason
Old 11-04-2003, 08:41 PM

Oh, ok. Cool. I really wasnt trying to get the rules changed for this one as it may piss some people off, but I think it does make it fairer. Anyway, whatever you guys wanna do is fine w/ me.

Ryan_21
Old 11-04-2003, 08:55 PM

Some interesting points made - I must admit one of my concerns was my lack of playing time compared to others in the OIC. However, its supposed to be a learning experience after all rather than an outright contest so I'm not too bothered. Personally I'm interested in how far I can get, not how quickly I get there!

However, I've no doubt that many more experienced people are playing to win. Therefore, some alternative suggestions for future challenges (if its possible to monitor them on the site) might be 1st prize for the person who reaches the target in the fewest hands or in the least amount of playing time. This would not then disadvantage the part-timers compared to the all-day players.

SF

Old 11-04-2003, 08:59 PM

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, I'd claim that the first person to make it has probably had the toughest games to get through as they have had to get out of the .5/1 level with all the 2+2ers still hanging around.

Like I said, just playing Devil's Advocate.

Lori
Old 11-04-2003, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd claim that the first person to make it has probably had the toughest games to get through

[/ QUOTE ]

But if they can get out quickly they probably will have the easiest games. So that rewards the players who get the luckiest the firstest.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:08 PM

But if they can get out quickly they probably will have the easiest games. So that rewards the players who get the luckiest the firstest

I was hoping it would take more than five minutes for someone to notice that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Good point.

Lori