Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 04:40 AM

Default Re: thanks you jesus!

"And you don't have to go on tilt because you played one hand out of position."

i dont know.. that's been known to set me off...

seriously, the replies to my post here all basically say get real, grow up, and play this hand, the mathsky says to.

my bank roll has been thanking me for precisely NOT telling myself those sorts of things, and instead adjusting. the games are so good im certainly not suffering by taking these sorts of measures.

so you all go play it and then come back posting about how marginal it was later and ill just keep doing what im doing and stacking the chips against all the little fishies in my own ever slower, ever patienter way.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:47 AM

Default Re: A general technique to disprove folds like these.

Well put.

PokerPrince
Old 11-04-2003, 05:48 AM

Default Re: u guys are absolutely nothing

The Diamond Sutra was written long before Foucault (and, I would guess, even the French language) came into existence. If you read the Diamond Sutra you will find this theme repeatedly.

(excerpt)

Section V. Understanding the Ultimate Principle of Reality

Subhuti, what do you think? Is the Tathagata to be recognized by some material characteristic?

No, World-honored One; the Tathagata cannot be recognized by any material characteristic. Wherefore? Because the Tathagata has said that material characteristics are not, in fact, material characteristics.

Buddha said: Subhuti, wheresoever are material characteristics there is delusion; but whoso perceives that all characteristics are in fact no-characteristics, perceives the Tathagata.

Section XIII. How this Teaching should be Received and Retained

At that time Subhuti addressed Buddha, saying: World-honored One, by what name should this Discourse be known, and how should we receive and retain it?

Buddha answered: Subhuti, this Discourse should be known as "The Diamond of the Perfection of Transcendental Wisdom" - thus should you receive and retain it. Subhuti, what is the reason herein?

According to the Buddha-teaching the Perfection of Transcendental Wisdom is not really such. "Perfection of Transcendental Wisdom" is just the name given to it. Subhuti, what do you think? Has the Tathagata a teaching to enunciate?

Subhuti replied to the Buddha: World-honored One, the Tathagata has nothing to teach.

Subhuti, what do you think? Would there be many molecules in [the composition of] three thousand galaxies of worlds?

Subhuti said: Many indeed, World-honored One!

Subhuti, the Tathagata declares that all these molecules are not really such; they are called "molecules." [Furthermore,] the Tathagata declares that a world is not really a world; it is called "a world." Subhuti, what do you think? May the Tathagata be perceived by the thirty-two physical peculiarities [of an outstanding sage]?

No, World-honored One, the Tathagata may not be perceived by these thirty-two marks. Wherefore? Because the Tathagata has explained that the thirty-two marks are not really such; they are called "the thirty-two marks."

Subhuti, if on the one hand a good man or a good woman sacrifices as many lives as the sand-grains of the Ganges, and on the other hand anyone receives and retains even only four lines of this Discourse, and teaches and explains them to others, the merit of the latter will be the greater.

(end excerpt)

http://community.palouse.net/lotus/diamond1-5.htm

Old 11-04-2003, 10:14 AM

Default Re: u guys

Perhaps the difference is the games I am used to vs. the games you play. You say you knew everything about them and perhaps in this case it may have been correct to fold, but I believe that 4-way when you are getting 7-1 on your call this is a call you should make almost every time. Again there is no correct play, everything is situation specific, but in general this is an easy call
Old 11-04-2003, 01:18 PM

Tommy marches to his own drummer. Sometimes I wish I could here those drum beats.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:13 PM

M - Don't trip yourself up on the technicalities and lose sight of the true target.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:31 PM

Good point...but if the technicalities are not really technicalities but are only called "technicalities"...and if the true target is not really a true target but is only called a "true target"... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 05:20 PM

Hey Mike, pass the bong dude...