Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: AK ugh

You have to call the river bet. The pot is so enormous and your hand is so strong. Some players might check-raise this river. If he is a good player the only three hands you have to worry about are 6666, KKK66, and AA66. Since you hold AK, KK and AA are less likely and most players will reraise preflop with KK and AA. Since quads is very unlikely and given his aggression on the flop (quads he would probably slow-play and even kings full he would probably slowplay) and given the size of the pot you have an easy call. Dont "decide" his river bet means he has you beat. You have a strong hand yourself, the flush didnt get there, and the pot is huge. Never fold here.

best of luck
-J
Old 11-19-2005, 07:37 AM

By my count you're getting 15:1 to call. You didn't give postflop stats, but UTG's preflop stats suggest that he is not overly aggressive. He's giving huge action here, and I assume you can basically only reach this river this way with AA and AK.

All signs point to him being able to beat AA. Hands with 6s are certainly in his hand range preflop. Is this way too loose, somewhat passive, unknowledgable player really going to try to run you over all the way? Maybe.

I think it's unlikely though, and that if you fold a few of these, you are doing two things:

1. improve your chances on your other crying calls that your opponent is in fact trying to run you over. Big folds --> players taking shots at you, and most of the time after all this action you are going to have the goods

2. save you a fraction of a bet the huge percentage of the time he has the 6.

So, I'll suggest something like fold 1 time in 20:

{5, 95, 0}

good luck.
eric
Old 11-19-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check raise the turn. Call, check/call if 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the part of jason's post where he said UTG+2 is a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only maniacs cap the flop? Maybe he can fold if 3-bet on the turn, but I think a checkraise is definitely the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most bad players who are also average aggression, and 60/6 preflop is certainly this, do not cap liberally, especially against a player who has done nothing but raise every time it's been his turn to act.

-eric
Old 11-19-2005, 11:18 AM

Why did you post that he's a 60/6 and skipped over his aggression levels? There's a huge difference b/w a 60/6/.4 and a 60/6/1.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:04 PM

If you think he can have a hand w/o a 6 in it, I'd call. I'm just not sure if he has a hand w/o a 6 in it. I want more reads on this hand.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you post that he's a 60/6 and skipped over his aggression levels? There's a huge difference b/w a 60/6/.4 and a 60/6/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was something like 60/6/.8 but it wasn't over very many hands (say, 75) which is enough to know his VPIP and to some degree his PFR but not really enough to gauge his AF. These were mined stats and it was early in the session. I essentially had no read on his postflop play.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:16 PM

In talking to jason, he says he didn't have much for specific reads.

The problem here is that somebody playing 60 % of their hands is clearly a retard. We just don't know what flavor of retard. That said, TPTK in big pot is a nice hand to have against an undefined retard, I call.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:33 PM

Checkfolding this river after calling the turn raise would be idiotic.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkfolding this river after calling the turn raise would be idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Saying this is idiotic. What if I call the turn he is overplaying a flush draw and don't expect him to fire one more barrel?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:33 PM

Ironically enough, a few hours after posting my incredulous reply, I played this hand:

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks Tc (two pair, kings and tens).
UTG+1 has 6h Ad (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 12.50 BB. </font>

I suck at taking my own advice [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]