Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: CSI: NY Poker Episode

For some reason, the acting and writing on CSI:NY and CSI:Miami seem worse than the original CSI. Although the original CSI takes place in Vegas, I only remember one gambling related episode. And it wasn't nearly as over the top as this one.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:47 AM

The CSI episode with NL was pretty good, better than what this sounded like.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason, the acting and writing on CSI:NY and CSI:Miami seem worse than the original CSI. Although the original CSI takes place in Vegas, I only remember one gambling related episode. And it wasn't nearly as over the top as this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of CSI esipodes have gambling references due to Warricks addiction, but I only remember two edpisodes, the dead sports bet runner and the holdem player who got a stiff drink.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:00 AM

There was a poker episode where a player died at the table. It was later found to be toxins in his chocolate candies, and not murder. During the investigation they found another player was cheating with invisible ink and a contact lens to see it.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked when the female detective said she played poker and referred to the blinds as 500-250. Weird mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, IIRC, what she saw was one chip in front of the SB and two chips in front of the BB. How could she know how much the chips were worth?

Also, all the CSI guys were acting like it's a big money game. But all they saw were lots of chips. For all they knew, it was a big stack tourney with a $10 buy-in.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:38 PM

another episode with the physicist who computed the outcome of the roulette wheel.

very realistic.