Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Deepstack AA OOP

[ QUOTE ]
Check-raise full pot on the flop please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:13 PM

The more money that you both have left on later streets increases your reverse implied odds.

Get more money in on the flop before he figures out what is going on.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The more money that you both have left on later streets increases your reverse implied odds.

Get more money in on the flop before he figures out what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if I make it $130 on the flop and pot the turn he'll fold a lot of hands I don't want him folding.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 PM

I never said pot the turn.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:43 PM

From my experience most people with a flush will not muck their hand no matter how scary a board may look. They are like, I have a flush, I gotta call. So with that said, I still check.

Now if betting would put this person off the flush hand and this is highly player dependant and with a solid read. I would then go ahead and make a bet, but if and only if.

Ed S.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM

You have to reraise preflop here. You want to get the money in earlier against these types of players, not later in the hand. The more cards you see, the weaker and weaker AA becomes.

If you make it 50 preflop, this hand is a whole lot easier. As played pot flop, 2/3 on turn, puke/call river. I see no reason to think he doesnt have KK/QQ/AJ here often enough to make it a river call.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:46 PM

Do you check/fold then?
IMO check/fold and bet are close, check/call is clearly the worst option.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise pre

chec-fold river

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think it's a clear fold eric
Old 11-17-2005, 07:56 PM

Well Check/fold is alright here with how it developed, but depending on the player at the table and how they are it is very player dependant on all lines. With how it has been played here player mostlikely in my mind has A-Kc. But the possiblity of QQ is also very High. I figured if KK here they would have been a bit more agressive.

With reading this hand cold and not having any other information I would have to say yes, Check/Fold. But I would be mighty tempted to call and see his QQ if it's cheap enough.

Ed S.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were really thinking blocking bet, I'd rather open push the river instead of blocking and hope to maybe fold out a small flush. (representing the nut flush or a boat since the board paired)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think with villain’s tight preflop standards a low flush is unlikely. If he has a flush, he is not folding to a push. It is either KcQc or JcXc. He’s not folding KQ and if he has JcXc he knows the full house is less likely. The most likely full boat here would be with JJ. The downside of pushing all in here is that it will probably fold worse hands that would normally pay you off.

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably behind anything that smooth calls both a flop check raise and a lead on the turn. The river probably completes the hands that you were ahead of, so I think check-fold goes from weak/tight to smart/prudent here,unless you think you have enough fold equity with the river push

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see QQ and KK both smooth calling the flop check raise and the turn lead.

I favor a block bet. You get value from both QQ and KK who will surely call your bet. You are going to lose to a flush whether you block bet or check so at least you have some positive expectation by betting. You may prevent him from pushing if you bet also.