Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Deepstack AA OOP

NL400 6 max at Absolute, so max buyin is $800. Villain has $750, I have $700. He bought in for that much, so he at least beleives he can play deep stack poker. My image is pretty LAG at the moment, I've been stealing blinds a ton and playing draws pretty hard, trying a lot of turn bets, etc.

I have seen villain limp call with QK, K of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Flop comes all [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A high, villain check/calls a big bet and then leads an offsuit Q turn. Ends up losing to AQ, but this was at a different table. So he plays draws somewhat agressively. On to the hand.

** Preflop ** :

5 handed, villain raises from UTG+1 to $16. Raising standards are probably a decent ace or decent pair, but he doesn't raise very often. Fold, fold, I call in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB folds.

** Flop (~$32) ** : 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain pots, I check raise to $90, villain calls fairly quickly.

** Turn (~$210) ** : 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $140, villain calls after thinking for a while.

** River (~$490) **: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check...

Comments, questions, concerns?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Deepstack AA OOP

I think Villian has A-Kc. Or perhaps even QQ is possible.

Ed S.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:06 PM

But I do like the check on the End, although some could say a bet is warranted. But since my first read would be to put him on A-Kc I would have checked like you did.

Ed S.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:06 PM

Why no reraise preflop?
How much do you expect him to bet river with a flush? (draw seems quite likely since you say he plays draws aggressively, yes?)
I would probably block river for 250ish, although you played the hand quite differently from what I would
Old 11-17-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why no reraise preflop?
How much do you expect him to bet river with a flush? (draw seems quite likely since you say he plays draws aggressively, yes?)
I would probably block river for 250ish, although you played the hand quite differently from what I would

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about reraise preflop, but I haven't made one yet and I haven't seen one at the table yet and I can't get 15% of effective stacks in anyway.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 PM

i throw out a bet for 250 on the river.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 PM

Hmm, deep stacks, bad position, loose image and a tight raising range for villain would make me more likely to reraise this preflop. Any particular reason why you didn't? Or am I missing something?

Flop checkraise makes for a lot of variance. You're forcing yourself to play a big pot with one pair here. I'd rather do that by making the pot large preflop. You trap KK pretty good here, so it has some potential, but you'll lose big pots as well.

Turn is the only easy street in the hand IMO.

River is awkward. You can't block bet and fold to a raise. Still I thinkn you have the best hand v often here, and I suspect he'll check behind almost all of the hands you beat. Agree?

I would value bet this for half pot, and call a push. A flush should be scared of a full house the way you've played the hand, and QQ or KK will probably call. Calling a push might be debated, but at this point you've got so good odds I would kill myself if I folded.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:15 PM

Do you think it saves hero that much money to check? A flush might well moce in here if hero checks, but could easily be scared of a full house if hero leads.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River is awkward. You can't block bet and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not. it will be difficult for villain to raise without at least a flush here. that board is just as scary to him as it is to us.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM

What were you trying to do with the C/R on the flop? Win the hand?

If you were trying to get more money into the pot, I don't know why you didn't raise him PF.