Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2003, 12:50 AM

Default 2 LL hands that bother me

The following are 2 hands from tonight, both on the same table, a pretty standard Party 1-2 table. Any comments are greatly appreciated...

Hand 1- I'm dealt A-Jo on the button. 4 limpers to me, I limp as well, SB folds and BB checks.
6 see the flop which comes 7-J-K rainbow. Checked around to me, I bet all fold except one MP limper.
2 to the turn which is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] giving us 2 diamonds. Checked to me, I bet, MP calls
River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so no flush. Checked to me, and I check(Weak?)

Hand 2- I'm dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the small blind. UTG and UTG+1 fold, 4 limpers to me, I complete and the BB checks.
6 to see the flop of J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet and get three callers (BB and 2 LP).
4 to the turn- Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, all call.
4 to the river- River is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I bet, all call.

Comments on any street appreciated.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:18 AM

Default Re: 2 LL hands that bother me

Hand one

Raise preflop. I think you played the rest of the hand fine. I do not know if you missed a value bet on the river.

Hand two

Good try. I like how you still bet with the flush and your two pair getting counterfeited on the river.

when you bet the river did you think you had the best hand?

Old 11-02-2003, 01:21 AM

Hand 1

I like to raise here pre-flop. To knock the blinds out and take the initiative. On the river, I think you have value bet here, but it is probably a thin one and checking behind is not that bad.

Hand 2

Looks Good

Old 11-02-2003, 01:50 AM

I like how you played Hand 2, although if it were me, I'd expect to lose to someone who shouldn't have been playing.

Hand 1, I would've raised pre-flop, probably would have checked the flop (maybe this is too weak, but i'd be scared of Kxs). Once it's checked to me on the Turn, I'm no longer scared and I bet out.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:32 AM

Hand 1 - Raise pre-flop. I would bet the river. I don't know what this guy is calling you down with. It doesn't appear to be a king, since he would have taken some turn action.

Hand 2 - Nice. Lousy river card. An ace would have been worse than a king, though, so you still have a decent shot.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:25 PM

Thanks to everyone, I lost both hands, although I didn't feel too bad about the first one.

Hand 1- MP shows Q-4s for the pair of Queens [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] (For future reference I will certainly consider raising PF there)

Hand 2- I think after a good nights sleep that I was too blindly aggressive, but I lost to the BB, who got a free look at the blind with 9-5o (Them's the breaks).

And for those who asked about whether I thought I had the best hand here, I thought that there was a fair chance I was best. I was pretty confident that there was no flush, I was really only worried about the 5 (with good reason [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I figured someone with the flush or the 5 would have raised me on the turn.