Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Moving up to $10 or $20

20 buyins should be ok.

We're honestly not kidding when we say the $11s are the same as the $6s. While the investment cost will see 2x steeper, play the same way (if you're winning the $6s) and you should be ok. Reserve judgment until you've played 20 to see if you're comfortable with the level. If so, keep on playing, I'd wait until at least 500 SNGs played to really analyze how you're doing.

I'd say the #1 thing to be worried about is playing scared when moving up. Don't! Donks are donks, and plenty are in the $55s as well (I 10-table the $55s). I'd also download Hood's SNG Tracker (a search will find it within these forums). It's a free tool that helps you analyze your SNG bankroll, profits, ITM, and ROI.

Hope this helps!

~Hornacek.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Moving up to $10 or $20

[ QUOTE ]
How much can you afford to lose?

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good. My budget for "learning the ropes" is $500. I am +300 at the moment. I have been playing 5+1 rebuilding my losses from ring games.

Thanks for your comments and the history. I am struggling but it helps to know that others have struggled as well.