Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2003, 04:10 PM

Default Drama at the final table

I suppose we have to set our priorities right!!!
This was the drama of the day for me.
I was playing my 8th ever online multi-tourney, and managed to make it to the final table (this is the second time although the first was pure luck [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]). I've got over avg. chips, and have been playing really well (by my standards) up to this point.
Just then my alarm goes off ... I've got to pick up my girlfriend from the airport in 45 minutes. It's normally a 40 min drive (with normal traffic and driving), but I can make it in 20 if there's no traffic and if I drive like a maniac.
What to do, try to win my first tourney or pick up my gf?
So I decide that there won't be any traffic at this time and I can drive like a maniac; I've got about 15 mins more I can spend on the table. I tried a couple of long-shots hoping to have a quick end to the tourney. Of course I busted right on time (7th), and made it to the airport in time.
So there goes my first multi-table victory.
But hey, I've still got my piece of mind. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Drama at the final table

lol.....

Heck I would have posted and folded and let the other guys battle to bust......ya never know....one time I was playing in an SnG and at level 1 I spilled coffee all over my laptop..had 1300 in chips and wound up posting and folding to 3rd.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And aside...puter crashed... had to spend 500 with IBM to get it fixed............ [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Drama at the final table

[ QUOTE ]
I've got to pick up my girlfriend from the airport in 45 minutes...Of course I busted right on time (7th), and made it to the airport in time.

But hey, I've still got my piece of mind. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]