Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Non Believers Predominate Heaven? Just Maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
...(mind you, if this happens...we'll all feel really silly).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an atheist also and I would rather you didn't speak on my behalf.

I would not feel sorry if I was eternally damned. If such a god existed (inconceivable to me that the world, as it is, could be a result of any consciousness.. let alone the idea of eternal damnation) I would at the very least have the satisfaction to not have given in to, or satisfied, a tyrant. This attitude, in fact, gives meaning to my life in an otherwise meaningless experience.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...(mind you, if this happens...we'll all feel really silly).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an atheist also and I would rather you didn't speak on my behalf.

I would not feel sorry if I was eternally damned. If such a god existed (inconceivable to me that the world, as it is, could be a result of any consciousness.. let alone the idea of eternal damnation) I would at the very least have the satisfaction to not have given in to, or satisfied, a tyrant. This attitude, in fact, gives meaning to my life in an otherwise meaningless experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be plain obvious that the last line of my note was intended as nothing but humoruous.

But you did get too pad your 'god is a tyrant' post, which I suspect was the true intention of your note anyway.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It should be plain obvious that the last line of my note was intended as nothing but humoruous.

But you did get too pad your 'god is a tyrant' post, which I suspect was the true intention of your note anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like all my posts abouth theism are humourous also, by definition. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As regarding the intention, I really was concerned about the misrepresentation, but if it gave me the opportunity to be militant.... why not? It is sorely needed.