Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Here\'s a clue.

I know there are numbers of regular posters here who had very special relationships with Robert - each one of us will remember him with a smile for the rest of our lives.

The man behind the brilliant persona of Granny Mae has done more for this board than most of the rest put together. I had the great fortune of being one of the internet friends you are referring to Mike, and am very sad that I never got to speak to him in person (my internet downtime prevented me working on a project with him - and we never got round to it in the end).

The place is so much poorer without good ol' Granny. I share your sentiment Mike - long live GrannyMae.

Simon
Old 10-31-2003, 03:47 PM

Thanks Mike, Simon, Jek, Jason, Cup, Rusty, Myrtle and all the others that know Robert beyond the screename. If I forgot anyone, you certainly know who you are. Your friendships kept him coming back on days that he had no energy to get from his bed to his computer without help.

There were days that getting out of bed was motivated only by his desire to come "paint" some bloody smileys for MSSunshine, sexually harass Mason, or see if Ramashiva had reappeared under a troll identity so that he could call him an incendiary name and elicit a war.

I for one, am not happy about the free ride that Mason will now have. I forgot to mention in the prevous post that "Granny's" harassment of Mason gave Robert more pleasure than anyone can imagine. Mason is another one who knew Robert was not an old woman, and I want to thank MM for being a great sport and perfect "straight man". MM has a reputation for being at the top of his career for decades, but he has never been known for his sense of humor. I think his good natured silence during the Granny days is testament to how much one can not judge a book by its cover. Who knows, maybe Granny helped Mason loosen up a bit, and that is clearly something that can be thought of as an accomplishment.

Robert still thought the British were only good for *real* chips and superior ale though.
(I'm kidding, but it is something Robert would like to have seen me post)

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 03:53 PM

Default Please say get well to the \"booby\" from Hope! n/m

Old 10-31-2003, 09:30 PM

Default Re: this granny mae character

One time just before a KOZ tourney, Granny had no money at Stars. Granny posted here asking could anyone transfer some money. Find that thread and look at the people who offered. I really wanted to do it, but someone else had already done it. I wish I had found that thread quicker that day. Man, I REALLY wanted to transfer that money to Granny. Lots of people were willing to do the transfer no questions asked. I was willing to let Granny find out my screen name at Stars (which only me and my wife know) just to be able to pay back a small bit of which Granny has given me on this board. Granny, we miss and love you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 09:56 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-31-2003, 11:18 PM

Default Re: this granny mae character

Granny never wanted anything in return, which summed the guy up - pure class. I recall many people offering to buy me into the KotZ tourneys, though it was Granny that absolutely insisted that he would buy me in. I am extremely grateful for his gratitude and only wished there was some way I could repay him for it.

The repayment I think he really wanted was for me to do well in the comps and enjoy myself. His encouragement gave me the belief that I could overcome the quality opposition and a 5th place finish in KotZ III was the end product. I am not over exaggerating when I say that there is no way I could have done that without the assistance Granny offered me leading up to that tournament. The only token repayment I could make was to dedicate the result to Granny in the wake of the bad news concerning his health.

Thanks Robert - I don't owe you one, I owe you a hell of a lot more than that.

Simon
Old 10-31-2003, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By your tone, I am assuming robert died. Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly know alot about all of these "horrible" things he did to people. I challenege you to find a post that was mean for the sake of being mean (as in YOUR posts). The ones I read that were attacking, were based on either the person deserving it, starting it, or being a complete as*shole like you are.

As far as his current health, it is none of your business beyond what I clearly posted in my response to you. I suspect you are a post skimmer when it does not apply to you directly. Try reading the first line of my reply, and infer what you wish.

pokerfunn is one helluva an ironic screename for a person like you. This forum is all yours now pal.

Have a blast.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:31 PM

Default The way to pay Granny back is to pass it on...

You often cannot repay the ones who helped you most, but you can give the same helping hand to someone else.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:37 PM

Default Re: The way to pay Granny back is to pass it on...

This is an interesting point - because that is exactly what I am doing at the moment. I am helping somebody with their exams, which makes me feel a lot better about myself.

I know they will do me proud, and repay me with their own success. I get no bigger satisfaction in life than seeing people achieve great things with a little help from me.

Simon
Old 11-01-2003, 01:07 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky