Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 04:22 PM

Default Is this a good play??

I am sitting in am unbelievably good 25-50 hold-em game. The kind of table you dream about if you are running good but can be your worst nightmare if you are having trouble holding on to hands. Most of the players range from loose-passive to loose aggressive with one unbelievably predictable squeky tight player and one strong player. As for me, I don't know where I fit in the line-up since I can't book a win in these great games. Most pots have at least 5 players. The loose-aggressive player has basically raised every pot for the last half hour and now has about 7 racks in front of him. Anywayz, he open raises I get one caller in front of me and look down at two red nines. I decide to just call because I have not been able to beat this guy and don't think a three bet will isolate him but only make a bigger pot with better odds for people to draw out on my medium pair. Anyway, everyone calls except the strong player and the exceptionally tight player. The flop comes down 7c6c3c. The original raiser who has turned up any two cards in the previous half hour or his rush, bets. This means he has cards, any two cards. So he bets. The player before me calls. I call thinking I have the best hand but waitng to see what everone does behind me. The rest of the table calls, at this point I "know" I have the best hand. The turn is a beautiful 2d. Pre-flop raiser bets, player before me calls. At this point I raise, My goal is to get the 10,jack and queen of clubs to muck as well as protect me hand because I am pretty sure it is the best hand. So every one folds to the preflop raiser who calls, the player before me thinks for awhile and mucks (she latter tells me that she had a 7 with the jack of clubs). So I am heads up with the preflop raiser maniac. The river is the ugly 2 of clubs. Preflop raiser checks and I think I may have the winner as I would expect him to bet any club here as well as bluff at least 25% of the time. I check as well (maybe a bad move because he may pay me off with nothing but will never fold a hand that will beat me) He flips over 10-5 offsuit with the 5 of clubs and takes down the pot. All responses to how this hand was played on all streets are welcome.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Is this a good play??

When did you get here? I had no idea you ever posted here....

That said...you played the hand fine...I think I woulda played it the same way.

(as a side note, who was the good player, and who was the unbelievably tight player? I'm guessing YS was one of those...)

Good luck...

Josh
Old 10-31-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Is this a good play??

ben (prop)was the good player, ys had alredy quit. the tight player was a guy i had never played with but would like to play heads up with. btw, how can i not beat that game?? am i that bad? after you left i did't win a pot!