Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: What the hell is wrong with women???

[ QUOTE ]
What are you describing is an issue of difference in human temperament that I will refer to as The Demographic Problem. Basically - the far greater mass of men and women function in love as animals do - pursuer and pursued, fox and sheep. A much smaller minority, the sort of people primarily (but not exclusively) concered with ideas rather than with concrete experience, conform more to the idealistic "soulmate" notion. Both of these paradigms are fine for the people in them, more or less, but they probably shouldn't mix.

My point: You've hit upon the method that's more probably likely to score with any given chick, but which is highly unlikely to score with the sort of girl that you actually want. Take the buffet now and start saving up for the steak and lobster, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be accurate to just paraphrase this all by saying different people desire different levels of commitment?

To the OP: you don't need to be an ass as long as you're still confident and interesting.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be an AFC

[/ QUOTE ]
On second thought, this link explains it better than we could.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:01 AM

No, I don't think so. Completely different kinds of commitment, different kinds of relationships, are implied here.
They can both be very successful or miserable in their own ways, but for rather different reasons, and towards rather different goals.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 AM

But wouldn't that imply that relationships in which one person believes in soulmates and the other doesn't couldn't exist in a healthy state? It seems to me they would as long as both people were commited to each other.