Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:58 AM

Default I Love All-In Falsecarders (low content)

This happened yesterday in a $5+0.50 NL Draw tournament on Planet Poker (they are now spreading 2 NL Draw MTTs/day, along with some scheduled STTs). Six players left, 3 make money.

Blinds are 100/200, I have about 3500. UTG with about 2200 pushes. I'm UTG+1 and find 666AA. Of course I call, hoping someone else will come along. Everyone else folds. UTG raps pat; so do I. UTG shows down 8855x [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Does he not think I have eights-up beaten when I call his open-push? Is he planning on bluffing me post-draw by going all-in with some imaginary chips? Oh well, you can't hit a 2-outer when you don't even try [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: I Love All-In Falsecarders (low content)

Obviously he's putting you on a made low flush or straight. When you see the strength he's representing, you'll throw away all but one card, in a desperate bid to score a miracle boat or quads.

It's a masterful play, really. It relies on his knowledge that you know that he knows that you know that he knows that you know that he knows that you know that he has you beat. The meta game implications are enormous. This guy will own you the seventh time you are in this situation together.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:23 PM

Pokerroom has $10+1 PL Draw tourneys.

If you're better than me (which is 99.999%) then you'll make a killing.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously he's putting you on a made low flush or straight. When you see the strength he's representing, you'll throw away all but one card, in a desperate bid to score a miracle boat or quads.

It's a masterful play, really. It relies on his knowledge that you know that he knows that you know that he knows that you know that he knows that you know that he has you beat. The meta game implications are enormous. This guy will own you the seventh time you are in this situation together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

Usually I think on about the 1325th level when I play micro-limit TD.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.
Usually I think on about the 1325th level when I play micro-limit TD.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, i've always been a fan of 1296 level thinking. they never see that one coming.