Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: WPT Foxwoods Main Event Hand

I had to think about the players you were up against, and what your raise looked liked before I made my decision. So villian shows strength, but has opened, and has an aggressive image. Co just calls, saying he doesn't have a great hand, but thinks villians is trying to steal the blinds and probably doesn't have a great hand. Then you reraise a large enough ammount, and you appear to be giving the original raiser a squeeze play. Except villian comes back over the top. Reverse squeeze play? CO folds and it is left to you with the big decesion. The pot odds are interesting though. Before you call something like 7,500 to win whats in the pot already of 12,000 estimated. So you have to invest 7,500 to win 4,000. To me it seems like villian doesn't want you to call. He could have a premium hand here. But, given your tight image, I think he thinks there is some FE in him going all in. So I think range of hands could be small pair, where it would be even money, or even Ace Queen where you would dominate him.

And last but not least. Given the tough table your at, and the aggressive oponents, I think you have to gamble here to move up the pay scale. I think more than likely your ahead, or have him crippled if he has ace/queen. Or your even money. IMO I would love to know the results though.