Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Schneids is making me post 2 hands

At 10/20 I would never fold this against an unknown. And hardly ever to anyone else getting 14:1 or something like that. Obviously I cant know if this is +EV but folding an overpair in big pot for one more bet when there are SO many crazy bluffs or marginal valueraises going on seems too dangerous a place to look for minor profit. Especially when it could encourage people to take shots at you later. Actually I am pretty surprised Schneids wants to fold. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 07:06 AM

To be perfectly clear: I still call.

It's just, I feel like when I'm doing it I'm doing it out of laziness and saying "big pot, can't fold, have good hand, might be good" rather than for rational hand reading reasons or anything. Avoiding laziness and apathy while playing is soooo important. I honestly feel like we're good like 1 in 20 here (at 30/60 limit) rather than 1 in 10 or w/e anyone else thinks, yet, I never fold and know a lot of the times I SHOULD be because against a LOT of opponents I am fairly confident they aren't raising the river on a bluff or with one pair since they aren't that type, yet, I use the quote above and call.

Something for everyone to think about as they're playing poker on 6 tables and going into autopilot...
Old 11-14-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do we REALLY need to pay off? A BB with AT or KT probably raises on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really think we need to pay off here.

Edit: I suck at refreshing, this was before the last Schneids post. If I had to guess I would say we're good maybe 1/8.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 AM

While BB almost certainly has A4s, I think enough of the time he might have something stupid like a PP under the ten. His play would to hope you have overcards, and let you bluff. On the river he may be happy that no overcards came, and so is raising. I am not saying this happens often, but I am giving a somewhat reasonable set of hands that we beat.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Something for everyone to think about as they're playing poker on 6 tables and going into autopilot...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that there are players that its safe to fold against on a river like this.

But these kind of hands and these kind of folds are not the ones you should worry about when 6-tabling. You will almost never have a read that is so good that u can fold, and always calling is a much smaller misstake then trying to find spots where a fold is +EV when u dont have reads.

U have to play fewer tables and stay focused if u want to get reads u can act on in situations like this one.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly feel like we're good like 1 in 20 here (at 30/60 limit) rather than 1 in 10 or w/e anyone else thinks, yet, I never fold

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think we're good at 5/10? Seems to me at 5/10 we're definitely good here at least 1 in 10.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly feel like we're good like 1 in 20 here (at 30/60 limit) rather than 1 in 10

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can feel the difference between 1 in 20 and 1 in 10.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly feel like we're good like 1 in 20 here (at 30/60 limit) rather than 1 in 10 or w/e anyone else thinks, yet, I never fold

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think we're good at 5/10? Seems to me at 5/10 we're definitely good here at least 1 in 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he does plays like this with A4s almost always. Maybe slightly less then always, as he would fold preflop sometimes. He plays like this with 33 fairly often. There are 7 combos of these hands, but I will discount a little to 6 combos. This means, that to be good at least 1 in 10, we need about .6 combos of hands we beat.

There are 12 combos of 88 or 99. If they play like this 5% of the time, then we are good 1 in 10.

There are other possibilities out there, as this is simplifies things quite a bit, but I think that is at least a good starting point in figuring out how often we may or may not be good.