Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Bad pf cap, awkward situation

Villian is a 25/19/2 tag.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

The pf cap was "for deception", because he will always think I have a pp or a good A and if he is 3 betting kinda light (no clue if he actually is), I can always pick it up if we both miss, and rep an ace if one hits and maybe get a fold from 88-JJ. In hindsight I dont like it. Do you? Any better way to play the flop? Should I call this turn?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Bad pf cap, awkward situation

What hand range do you put him on? The only hand you even have odds to call the flop raise against is AJ, and I'd say that would even be pretty rare.

But yeah... 19:1 and you would be able to put in a CR if a K fell...assuming he isnt on AK. I'd easily put him on AA KK AK AQ though, which leaves you pretty much dead...

Then again I havent played much 10/20. Would someone with AJ or AT raise against a preflop capper on a board like that? Even if he put you on TT-QQ I think he'd let you keep your aggression to avoid scaring you out.

So...I say you played it fine, but it seems like a flop fold would be pretty close to the same EV as a call.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd easily put him on AA KK AK AQ though, which leaves you pretty much dead...

[/ QUOTE ]

Too narrow.

Edit: In fact, I don't think it's correct for him to raise the flop with any of the hands you said he could have. Of course, people are tards and do all sorts of stupid stuff.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:00 AM

You played it perfectly, no need to second guess yourself.

You have odds to call a flop raise, but not a turn bet.

The PF cap is fine with a 3rd player in, as long as you don't do it everytime.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But yeah... 19:1 and you would be able to put in a CR if a K fell...assuming he isnt on AK. I'd easily put him on AA KK AK AQ though, which leaves you pretty much dead...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im practically getting odds for my backdoor straight and flushes, I still could be good, moderate chance I have 5 immediate outs. I dont think this is debateable.

[ QUOTE ]
Then again I havent played much 10/20. Would someone with AJ or AT raise against a preflop capper on a board like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. But thats the thing about this hand... he shouldnt raise me with really any hand. Any hand AJ or lower is wa/wb and should call down/bet river to induce action if beat and not get 3 bet when behind (he prolly knows he cant fold an ace to my 3 bet, so this line is bad). AA should slow down too cause it unlikely I have an ace and he wants to milk continuatino bets. The only hands that really make sense are AK, KK, and 88, but I think its better to raise the turn with these hands. All this makes a bluff even more likely.

Also, it seems like even TAGs at 10/20 are capable of doing this with a random hand like 99 or QJ, especially when the pot is so huge, and SB will prolly fold facing him with 2. He doesnt have to do this often for a calldown to be correct.

[ QUOTE ]

The PF cap is fine with a 3rd player in, as long as you don't do it everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont hate it so much after some sleep, SB was loose passive preflop but tight passive post, perfect 3rd player for this.