Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: AQo in the middle (ugly, awful, and disgusting)

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand why you checked the turn. that said, call all the action and river the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first reaction.

Then I realized that if the big blind is at all reasonable we are behind every single hand that is reasonably in his range, except maybe 99.

We are behind AA-TT and AK, which is almost exactly the three-betting range of most players out-of-position. When BB checks the flop, I think he has usually either missed with AK or has hit a monster (QQ or JJ). In either case, I think we are getting check-raised on this turn by big blind like 90% of the time.

The only way I would think betting would be correct here is if BB was pretty laggy and would reasonably be three-betting pre-flop with stuff like 77 or whatever. Against normal players, though, we are ahead here almost never.

In my opinion the best FTOP result we can generate here is by letting this turn check through and taking a free card. If, as happened, button bets and BB gets his check-raise in anyway, then we just need to call and river the nuts.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:10 PM

sometimes tptk doesn't cut it. calling 2 cold w/ 3 to a flush/str8 on the board w/ plyrs left to act behind is too much heat for your hand. check/fold turn, atleast 1 of the other 2 hit the str8 or flush.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then I realized that if the big blind is at all reasonable we are behind every single hand that is reasonably in his range, except maybe 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

when he checks it to you twice postflop, i think you can take out his "reasonable range of hands".
Old 11-13-2005, 02:40 PM

You should really read the rest of the thread that has the math in it. I know I'm behind but I have odds to draw.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:42 PM

When he checks it the second time I expect to get c/r'ed because of the reasonable range of hands he holds.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when he checks it to you twice postflop, i think you can take out his "reasonable range of hands".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the checks actually define things pretty clearly. I think if anything it indicates that he's either weak or a lame slow-playing type. Usually, if an opponent is reraising pre-flop out of the BB with a hand like 77 or AT or something is going to follow through with a flop bet. So I think the check is usually indicative of either weakness initially or a slowplayed monster.